Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
9/11 happened because the CIA was too white
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5673
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: 9/11 happened because the CIA was too white Reply with quote

It's that time of year again, Chuck in some woke opinionated piece to stay relevant in certain echo chambers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49582852
Quote:

When the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) failed to prevent the September 11, 2001 attacks, many asked whether more could have been done. But the true reason why the agency was blind to the signs may be a diversity problem, writes Matthew Syed.

_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1379

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, worth reading, at the end of the article:
Quote:
John Cleese, the comedian, put it this way: "Everybody has theories. The dangerous people are those who are not aware of their own theories. That is, the theories on which they operate are largely unconscious."

Getting the right mix of diversity in human groups isn't easy.

There is a science to putting together the right minds, with perspectives that challenge, augment, diverge and cross-pollinate rather than parrot, corroborate and restrict. This is set to become a key source of competitive advantage for organisations, not to mention security agencies. This is how wholes become more than the sum of their parts.

The CIA has made strides towards meaningful diversity since 9/11, but the issue continues to dog the agency.

An internal report in 2015 was damning.

As John Brennan, then director, put it: "The study group took a hard look at our agency and reached an unequivocal conclusion: CIA simply must do more to develop the diverse and inclusive leadership environment that our values require and that our mission demands."

The article misses to mention another factor which peaked at that time and reinforced the "color blindness" of the CIA staff:
The nineties had an embargo on cryptographic tools against the enemies of the West. The informational advancements'were massively used with the upcoming internet. All the rest of the world far behind the CIA didn't need any 'human resources' around the world anymore. Before that time any 'color blinded' white middle class CIA agent had his contacts around the world. In constant personal communication with these 'human resources' the agent would become a multi-culture expert. All this extra benefit was given up in favor of the informational techniques of the internet being much cheaper and "objective".
_________________
fun2gen2


Last edited by ulenrich on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crocket
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Apr 2017
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an over-simplification. There are infinite number of causes. The chain of events goes far deeper than racial homogeneity of CIA.
What caused the racial homogeneity? What caused the cause of racial homogeneity?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 985
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1379

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

Sorry, you cannot read the article. That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning. It boils down to cultural colors.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

Sorry, you cannot read the article. That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning. It boils down to cultural colors.


Socially engineered nonsens.
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 985
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning.


And? That just validates my quip.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 244
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".
Also, they are taking advice from John Brennan, of all people! :lol:
_________________
I am old enough to remember when SNL was funny

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 985
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".
Also, they are taking advice from John Brennan, of all people! :lol:


They rely on the audience having absolutely no memory whatsoever of Brennan brazenly lying to congress and the American people. He shouldn't be on TV, he should be in prison.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1379

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning.


And? That just validates my quip.

When a black american knows what the Holy Grail may be, this should be possible to know for an old white man:
What a cave means in Islam. You only had to visit world heritage in south of Spain for example. If you boil down the shocking glimpse the article provides, you still haven't read.
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 985
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning.


And? That just validates my quip.

When a black american knows what the Holy Grail may be, this should be possible to know for an old white man:
What a cave means in Islam. You only had to visit world heritage in south of Spain for example. If you boil down the shocking glimpse the article provides, you still haven't read.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to chalk this up to English not being your native tongue.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbassie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 551

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something to be said for sky-blue skyscrapers. Just saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1379

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning.


And? That just validates my quip.

When a black american knows what the Holy Grail may be, this should be possible to know for an old white man:
What a cave means in Islam. You only had to visit world heritage in south of Spain for example. If you boil down the shocking glimpse the article provides, you still haven't read.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to chalk this up to English not being your native tongue.
If you don't grasp what me and my right wing counter part Naib find an article worthwhile to read, my english language skills and not your laziness is to blame for that!
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 985
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
I love how the WOKE perspective always boils down to "F*CK WHITEY".

That meme only is used to create attention at the beginning.


And? That just validates my quip.

When a black american knows what the Holy Grail may be, this should be possible to know for an old white man:
What a cave means in Islam. You only had to visit world heritage in south of Spain for example. If you boil down the shocking glimpse the article provides, you still haven't read.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to chalk this up to English not being your native tongue.
If you don't grasp what me and my right wing counter part Naib find an article worthwhile to read, my english language skills and not your laziness is to blame for that!


FFS, I did read it. My quip had to do the WOKE people finding any reason to blame "WHITEY" for everything. The CIA, FBI, and numerous other agencies had a non-sharing policy with much intelligence gathered. This "wall" was only grown under the Clinton administration, and during the 9/11 hearings, one of the people on the committee was responsible for blocking the sharing of intel. It was a massive blunder by the federal government, and has nothing to do with too many white people with penises qualifying for the jobs. The terrorists were to blame first and foremost, followed by inept people like Jamie Gorelick being given power by the drooling pervert, Bill Clinton.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crocket
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Apr 2017
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the US federal government got its shit wound up tightly by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 985
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crocket wrote:
I hope the US federal government got its shit wound up tightly by now.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

We all do... and disappointment is what we will be served.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1379

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
FFS, I did read it. My quip had to do the WOKE people finding any reason to blame "WHITEY" for everything. The CIA, FBI, and numerous other agencies had a non-sharing policy with much intelligence gathered. This "wall" was only grown under the Clinton administration, and during the 9/11 hearings, one of the people on the committee was responsible for blocking the sharing of intel. It was a massive blunder by the federal government, and has nothing to do with too many white people with penises qualifying for the jobs. The terrorists were to blame first and foremost, followed by inept people like Jamie Gorelick being given power by the drooling pervert, Bill Clinton.
So, you think the article Naib provided, is nothing more than another excuse for the deep state a democratic president installed and populated with corrupt persons acting foolishly?
What if I told you a republican president had more than 100 days to clean up the mess?
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib aint being brainwashed enough. Stupid person!

EDIT
{
Code:

http://ine.uaf.edu/wtc7

}
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum