Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Dantrell's GNOME Without Systemd Project (Part 1)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
At4ri
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Mar 2016
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 KiB
 * emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-3.26.0 dropped because it requires
 * >=gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.26.0[cups]
 * emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.26.0 dropped because it
 * requires >=gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26

 * Messages for package gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26:

 * ERROR: gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26::dantrell-gnome-3-26 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 *
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26::dantrell-gnome-3-26'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26::dantrell-gnome-3-26'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/work/gnome-contacts-3.26'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/work/gnome-contacts-3.26'

 * Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-3.26.0:

 * emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-3.26.0 dropped because it requires
 * >=gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.26.0[cups]

 * Messages for package gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.26.0:

 * emerge --keep-going: gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.26.0 dropped because it
 * requires >=gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26
 *
 * The following 3 packages have failed to build, install, or execute
 * postinst:
 *
 *  (gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26:0/0::dantrell-gnome-3-26, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/temp/build.log'
 *  (gnome-base/gnome-3.26.0:2.0/2.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *  (gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.26.0:3.0/3.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26, ebuild scheduled for merge)
 *

 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

 * IMPORTANT: 23 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

 * After world updates, it is important to remove obsolete packages with
 * emerge --depclean. Refer to `man emerge` for more information.


[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
_________________
Grupo telegram gentoo y otras hierbas
https://telegram.me/joinchat/C3V8xD5C1VzvaYH4CJULyw

OS: Gentoo ~amd64 & windows 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 22196
Location: here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post full build.log (/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/temp/build.log) with wgetpaste
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
At4ri
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Mar 2016
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
You should post full build.log (/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/temp/build.log) with wgetpaste





atari@gentoo ~ $ cat /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.26/temp/build.log | pegar
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/GceWhb12tJtnn7irGhEF/
_________________
Grupo telegram gentoo y otras hierbas
https://telegram.me/joinchat/C3V8xD5C1VzvaYH4CJULyw

OS: Gentoo ~amd64 & windows 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 22196
Location: here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See here
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shibotto
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 19 Jun 2015
Posts: 122
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thank you for keeping your awesome work through all these years! And now for this round of things not (yet) compiling :D :

  • gnome-contacts-3.26
    Same problem already reported by At4ri and same fix by saboya.

  • simple-scan-3.25.1
    ebuild needs to be ported to meson:
    Code:
    >>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/simple-scan-3.25.1/work/simple-scan-3.25.1 ...
    grep: ./configure: No such file or directory
    grep: ./configure.*: No such file or directory
    grep: ./configure: No such file or directory
    grep: ./configure: No such file or directory
    grep: ./configure: No such file or directory
    grep: ./configure: No such file or directory
    grep: ./configure: No such file or directory


  • nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1
    Code:
    >>> Emerging (1 of 1) gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1::dantrell-gnome-3-26
     * tracker-2.0.1.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                       [ ok ]
    >>> Unpacking source...
    >>> Unpacking tracker-2.0.1.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1/work
    >>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1/work
     * ERROR: gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1::dantrell-gnome-3-26 failed (prepare phase):
     *   The source directory '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1/work/tracker-2.0.1/src/plugins/nautilus' doesn't exist

    Actually the whole ${S}/src/plugins is missing from tracker source code, so I don't know? :?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
At4ri
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Mar 2016
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
See here




I did not understand :cry:
_________________
Grupo telegram gentoo y otras hierbas
https://telegram.me/joinchat/C3V8xD5C1VzvaYH4CJULyw

OS: Gentoo ~amd64 & windows 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyrrd wrote:
I'm also about to test 3.26

Another volunteer appears. :twisted:

skyrrd wrote:
first i had to edit your gtk+ ebuild and comment out removal of marshalers or it would fail to build

This is covered by Gentoo bug #629778 and GNOME bug #662109.

I'm going to sit on it for a bit while I investigate.

skyrrd wrote:
also i had to manually update libgepub-0.5.2 and gegl-0.3.20 (don't ask what packages needed those, it was quite late last night and i really don't remember)

saboya wrote:
On the overlay, gnome-documents dpeneds on libgepub >= 0.4 and gnome-photos depend on gegl >= 0.3.14.

Those two packages did indeed need their dependencies adjusted.

skyrrd wrote:
but now i'm stuck with compiling gnome-contacts-3.26

saboya wrote:
On the ebuild, remove this line:
Code:
VALA_MAX_API_VERSION="0.26"

At4ri wrote:
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/GceWhb12tJtnn7irGhEF/

Shibotto wrote:
  • gnome-contacts-3.26
    Same problem already reported by At4ri and same fix by saboya.

This issue was corrected and I introduced a meson version of the ebuild while I was at it.

Shibotto wrote:
  • simple-scan-3.25.1
    ebuild needs to be ported to meson

Ported the ebuild and updated it to 3.26.1 while I was it.

Shibotto wrote:
  • nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1
    Actually the whole ${S}/src/plugins is missing from tracker source code, so I don't know? :?

All of the plugins were deleted in commit 3c3fe19 (and before that when the package was ported to meson in commit 68b41e3 build support for the plugins wasn't carried over anyway) so this ebuild shouldn't exist to begin with.

Looks like something pulled it in for you though so I have ghosted it instead of deleting it. Did gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags end up in your world file somehow?

At4ri wrote:
I did not understand :cry:

Just sync up. :wink:
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
At4ri
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Mar 2016
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
skyrrd wrote:
I'm also about to test 3.26

Another volunteer appears. :twisted:

skyrrd wrote:
first i had to edit your gtk+ ebuild and comment out removal of marshalers or it would fail to build

This is covered by Gentoo bug #629778 and GNOME bug #662109.

I'm going to sit on it for a bit while I investigate.

skyrrd wrote:
also i had to manually update libgepub-0.5.2 and gegl-0.3.20 (don't ask what packages needed those, it was quite late last night and i really don't remember)

saboya wrote:
On the overlay, gnome-documents dpeneds on libgepub >= 0.4 and gnome-photos depend on gegl >= 0.3.14.

Those two packages did indeed need their dependencies adjusted.

skyrrd wrote:
but now i'm stuck with compiling gnome-contacts-3.26

saboya wrote:
On the ebuild, remove this line:
Code:
VALA_MAX_API_VERSION="0.26"

At4ri wrote:
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/GceWhb12tJtnn7irGhEF/

Shibotto wrote:
  • gnome-contacts-3.26
    Same problem already reported by At4ri and same fix by saboya.

This issue was corrected and I introduced a meson version of the ebuild while I was at it.

Shibotto wrote:
  • simple-scan-3.25.1
    ebuild needs to be ported to meson

Ported the ebuild and updated it to 3.26.1 while I was it.

Shibotto wrote:
  • nautilus-tracker-tags-2.0.1
    Actually the whole ${S}/src/plugins is missing from tracker source code, so I don't know? :?

All of the plugins were deleted in commit 3c3fe19 (and before that when the package was ported to meson in commit 68b41e3 build support for the plugins wasn't carried over anyway) so this ebuild shouldn't exist to begin with.

Looks like something pulled it in for you though so I have ghosted it instead of deleting it. Did gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags end up in your world file somehow?

At4ri wrote:
I did not understand :cry:

Just sync up. :wink:


if I had done it before, now I did it

TNK! 8)
_________________
Grupo telegram gentoo y otras hierbas
https://telegram.me/joinchat/C3V8xD5C1VzvaYH4CJULyw

OS: Gentoo ~amd64 & windows 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
I built the full GNOME 3.26 "suite" and from my testing, about 6 packages fail to start for various reasons:
  • GNOME Books (GNOME Documents)
  • GNOME Boxes
  • GNOME Notes (Bijiben)
  • GNOME Photos
  • GNOME To Do
  • GNOME Tweak Tool
I'll be correcting this over time.

GNOME To Do and GNOME Tweak Tool should be working now.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shibotto
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 19 Jun 2015
Posts: 122
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Looks like something pulled it in for you though so I have ghosted it instead of deleting it. Did gnome-extra/nautilus-tracker-tags end up in your world file somehow?

Something in the past did it, apparently. emerge -ac, which I should run more often, just got rid of it :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skyrrd
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnome-tweak-tool did work for me yesterday (but refused to relaunch after closing it for some minutes)

I wasnt able to replicate this misbehaviour but will see if i can test this and other things later again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shibotto
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 19 Jun 2015
Posts: 122
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I didn't realize right away, but I noticed now that I finished compiling on my laptop: thumbnailers or whatever is calling them seem to be broken. Already generated thumbnails display fine though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyrrd wrote:
I wasnt able to replicate this misbehaviour but will see if i can test this and other things later again.

Just let me know. I have the duct tape ready. ;)

Shibotto wrote:
Something I didn't realize right away, but I noticed now that I finished compiling on my laptop: thumbnailers or whatever is calling them seem to be broken. Already generated thumbnails display fine though.

There is an apparent regression in GNOME Desktop after quite a few thumbnailer related commits.

I added the last known working version (3.25.4) until I can review the code. You'll want to log out then back in after the downgrade completes.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skyrrd
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adding my google account in gnome-control-center it crashes with segfault
reopening it shows that the account has been added successfully.

i wasn't able to reproduce the gnome-tweak-tool error

trying to start gnome-photos via cli:

Code:
(gnome-photos:23786): Grilo-WARNING **: [registry] grl-registry.c:1362: Plugin 'grl-flickr' not available

(gnome-photos:23786): gnome-photos-WARNING **: Unable to activate Grilo's Flickr plugin: Erweiterung »grl-flickr« ist nicht verfügbar

(gnome-photos:23786): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.freedesktop.Tracker.Miner.Files' is not installed


should be fixed with "--disable-schemas-compile"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saboya
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 448
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having some weird crashes / hangs in my laptop, Intel onboard GPU (i5-4210U).

Code:
[22837.404772] traps: gnome-shell[2554] trap int3 ip:7fa6ac5fae41 sp:7ffe41eb8f30 error:0
[31192.190278] traps: gnome-shell[6897] trap int3 ip:7fa1ba024e41 sp:7ffd4d6b9910 error:0


Those are fairly harmless since it just restarts gonme-shell and everything is back to normal. However I had a pretty severe one that I had to restart xdm manually:

Code:
[17495.252772] kill[922]: segfault at 313 ip 00007f4089d404b7 sp 00007ffcaf0a23d0 error 4 in libc-2.25.so[7f4089c62000+1a8000]


All of them happened while doing something in JetBrains WebStorm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyrrd wrote:
adding my google account in gnome-control-center it crashes with segfault
reopening it shows that the account has been added successfully.

Looks like GNOME bug #789141. I'll watch out for a fix.

skyrrd wrote:
should be fixed with "--disable-schemas-compile"

Doesn't look like it.

saboya wrote:
I'm having some weird crashes / hangs in my laptop, Intel onboard GPU (i5-4210U).

Maybe this is somewhat related to GNOME bug #788666? That fix has been applied so give it a try.

dantrell wrote:
I built the full GNOME 3.26 "suite" and from my testing, about 6 packages fail to start for various reasons:
  • GNOME Books (GNOME Documents)
  • GNOME Boxes
  • GNOME Notes (Bijiben)
  • GNOME Photos
  • GNOME To Do
  • GNOME Tweak Tool
I'll be correcting this over time.

GNOME Boxes was due to the libvirtd service not running so we are down to 3.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juippisi
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 362
Location: /home

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I realized my Nautilus isnt generating thumbnails for videos anymore. It works with images and PDFs, but not with ANY video file. Actually, I cant play any video file with Totem, but mp3s and FLACs do work. Im not sure when it started acting like this, I havent used Nautilus in a long time, but Im sure it used to work!

I remember updating ffmpeg last week, and had to re-emerge mpv to get it work without ABI errors. I tried re-emerging Totem but it didnt help. Actually, Im not sure if Totem even uses ffmpeg, think its using GStreamer.

Im on gnome-3.22 currently. Anyone else having errors? Anyone have ideas whats going on?

Code:

[ebuild   R    ] gnome-base/nautilus-3.22.3::dantrell-gnome-3-22  USE="exif gnome introspection previewer (-packagekit) (-selinux) -sendto {-test} -tracker -vanilla-icon -vanilla-icon-grid -vanilla-menu -vanilla-menu-compress -vanilla-rename -vanilla-search -xmp" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] media-video/totem-3.22.1-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-22  USE="introspection nautilus python -debug -lirc {-test} -zeitgeist" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_5 -python3_4 -python3_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_5 -python3_4 -python3_6" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] gnome-extra/sushi-3.21.91::dantrell-gnome-3-22  USE="-office" 0 KiB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juippisi wrote:
Today I realized my Nautilus isnt generating thumbnails for videos anymore.

I spun up a GNOME 3.22 test install to check if thumbnails for videos are still being generated and they are.

I'm going to venture a guess that if Totem is not playing videos then thumbnails won't be generated either. So to fix Totem's thumbnailer you'll have to figure out why it isn't playing videos. If you are on stable then it could definitely be a recent package update as I tested on ~.

Juippisi wrote:
Actually, Im not sure if Totem even uses ffmpeg, think its using GStreamer.

Totem does use GStreamer but since you mentioned this, I just recalled that FFmpeg has it's own thumbnailer that is arguably faster and might possibly cover more use cases than Totem's thumbnailer which chokes on some videos. I'm going to test it right now.

Edit: The testing was successful (it even generated thumbnails for videos that Totem couldn't). Stand by for integration.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elleni
l33t
l33t


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 869

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and first of all, thank you for the great work :D

I'd like to install gnome without systemd, but still keep my plasma 5, so I am wondering, how I could do this. I cannot switch the profile, as I loose all the useflags from the default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/plasma profile.

Thanks in advance for any useful hint.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Juippisi wrote:
Today I realized my Nautilus isnt generating thumbnails for videos anymore.

I spun up a GNOME 3.22 test install to check if thumbnails for videos are still being generated and they are.

I had time so I checked this across multiple GNOME release versions and all's good.

dantrell wrote:
The testing was successful (it even generated thumbnails for videos that Totem couldn't). Stand by for integration.

Integration was completed and since I verified that the FFmpeg thumbnailer works better, I made it the default. As usual, you can manage this through the vanilla* USE flags.

This will probably have the side effect of fixing thumbnailing for you but if you use Totem to play videos, you should probably resolve that issue.

Elleni wrote:
I'd like to install gnome without systemd, but still keep my plasma 5, so I am wondering, how I could do this. I cannot switch the profile, as I loose all the useflags from the default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/plasma profile.

What you want to do is combine profiles. One technique is described on the Profile (Portage) Gentoo Wiki page.

The Plasma profile can be found in the Portage tree and the GNOME Without Systemd profiles can be found here.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juippisi
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 362
Location: /home

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantrell you magician! :)

Thanks for still supporting gnome-3.22. It works perfectly for me so I dont want to upgrade. I dont use totem to watch videos but I knew Nautilus by default uses totem to make thumbnails. I synced up, and upgraded, and now everything gets thumbnailed! Thanks so much!


Elleni wrote:

I'd like to install gnome without systemd, but still keep my plasma 5, so I am wondering, how I could do this. I cannot switch the profile, as I loose all the useflags from the default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/plasma profile.


I used to have plasma and gnome-without-systemd installed parallel without any problems. I have loads of use flags in my make.conf though. But I didnt need mask or unmask any use flags to get them both running. Mightve changed now though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elleni
l33t
l33t


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 869

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combination of profiles sounds promising, but I have problems in understanding and reproducing step 3. Especially as I cannot locate the dantrell-gnome:default/amd64/3.26 (and or /extended) to combine it with the plasma profile. I added overlay with layman and with eselect profile list they show up.

Edit: Had another idea, and selected 3.26/extended profile, did an emerge --info, and switched back to my plasma profile and compared.

Result: Following uses from dantrell-gnome-3-26-extended were msising compared with plasma profile so I added them in make.conf.
Code:

colord eds elogind evo gnome gnome-keyring gnome-online-accounts gtk3 gtkstyle introspection libsecret nautilus tracker


A few emerge world -uDNav later followed by accepting portage suggestions in changing useflags and unmasks after having uninstalled few more packages that were blocking, I started emerging world without blockers. I am looking forward to test gnome3 without systemd :)


Last edited by Elleni on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saboya
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 448
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Integration was completed and since I verified that the FFmpeg thumbnailer works better, I made it the default. As usual, you can manage this through the vanilla* USE flags.

This will probably have the side effect of fixing thumbnailing for you but if you use Totem to play videos, you should probably resolve that issue.


I don't know if it's just me (searched for -gtk everywhere, couldn't find anything in my local files), but there might be some proifle adjustment needed:

Code:
!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "media-video/ffmpegthumbnailer" has unmet requirements.
- media-video/ffmpegthumbnailer-2.2.0::gentoo USE="gnome jpeg png -gtk -libav -test" ABI_X86="(64)"

  The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    gnome? ( gtk )

  The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    gnome? ( gtk ) test? ( png jpeg )

(dependency required by "gnome-base/nautilus-3.26.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26[-vanilla-thumbnailer]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-light-3.26.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26" [installed])
(dependency required by "@gnome" [set])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonvanderveldt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saboya wrote:
dantrell wrote:
Integration was completed and since I verified that the FFmpeg thumbnailer works better, I made it the default. As usual, you can manage this through the vanilla* USE flags.

This will probably have the side effect of fixing thumbnailing for you but if you use Totem to play videos, you should probably resolve that issue.


I don't know if it's just me (searched for -gtk everywhere, couldn't find anything in my local files), but there might be some proifle adjustment needed:

Code:
!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "media-video/ffmpegthumbnailer" has unmet requirements.
- media-video/ffmpegthumbnailer-2.2.0::gentoo USE="gnome jpeg png -gtk -libav -test" ABI_X86="(64)"

  The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    gnome? ( gtk )

  The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    gnome? ( gtk ) test? ( png jpeg )

(dependency required by "gnome-base/nautilus-3.26.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26[-vanilla-thumbnailer]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-light-3.26.0::dantrell-gnome-3-26" [installed])
(dependency required by "@gnome" [set])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])


You can just add the "gtk" USE flag to media-video/ffmpegthumbnailer and that's it. It's one of those packages that has unnecessary REQUIRED_USE declared.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saboya
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 448
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
You can just add the "gtk" USE flag to media-video/ffmpegthumbnailer and that's it. It's one of those packages that has unnecessary REQUIRED_USE declared.

Yes, the solution isn't hard at all, that's not really the point of the post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 15 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum