Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
sane-backends compile failed: Failed Patch: niash_array_inde
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DancesWithWords
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 341
Location: ottawa, canada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: sane-backends compile failed: Failed Patch: niash_array_inde Reply with quote

* Failed Patch: niash_array_index.patch !
* ( /usr/portage/media-gfx/sane-backends/files/niash_array_index.patch )
*

Any idea how to fix this? Google show nothing.

====
DWW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 7130
Location: almost Mile High in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of sane-backends are you building?

I haven't tried building sane-backends in a while so that may be why I haven't hit it (1.0.24-r5)...
_________________
Intel Core i7 2700K@ 4.1GHz/HD3000 graphics/8GB DDR3/180GB SSD
What am I supposed watching?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DancesWithWords
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 341
Location: ottawa, canada

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
What version of sane-backends are you building?

I haven't tried building sane-backends in a while so that may be why I haven't hit it (1.0.24-r5)...


This version: media-gfx/sane-backends-9999::gentoo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 7130
Location: almost Mile High in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9999 versions are "testing" and thus "unsupported" (because the latest and greatest bugs are included free!) ... so you'll need to either manually remove the patch from the ebuild, or try one of the stable versions if it fits your needs.
_________________
Intel Core i7 2700K@ 4.1GHz/HD3000 graphics/8GB DDR3/180GB SSD
What am I supposed watching?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DancesWithWords
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 341
Location: ottawa, canada

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
The 9999 versions are "testing" and thus "unsupported" (because the latest and greatest bugs are included free!) ... so you'll need to either manually remove the patch from the ebuild, or try one of the stable versions if it fits your needs.


Good to know, I'll just wait for a stable version.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 7130
Location: almost Mile High in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I meant, you should remove ~amd64 or ~x86 or whatever architecture you're using and use the stable versions:
1.0.24-r5 is "stable" and it should work unless the scanner or device you have is really new...
There's a 1.0.25_pre20150628 that might work if you have a newer device too, worth to try.
_________________
Intel Core i7 2700K@ 4.1GHz/HD3000 graphics/8GB DDR3/180GB SSD
What am I supposed watching?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DancesWithWords
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 341
Location: ottawa, canada

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
I guess what I meant, you should remove ~amd64 or ~x86 or whatever architecture you're using and use the stable versions:
1.0.24-r5 is "stable" and it should work unless the scanner or device you have is really new...
There's a 1.0.25_pre20150628 that might work if you have a newer device too, worth to try.


I was actually gonna look into keyword file to see what was calling that package. Bases on your previous post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum