Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Dantrell's GNOME Without Systemd Project (Part 3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shazeal wrote:
  • dev-lang/rust must have abi_x86_32 set or libsvrg fails to build

This is an old issue covered on pages 8 & 9 of the previous support thread.

Since it apparently made a resurgence, I'll be reviewing it further.

shazeal wrote:
  • I had to create a custom ebuild for pygtk and apply a patch to get it to build with pango, the default ebuild does not pickup /etc/portage/patches for whatever reason. This may have been caused by me being on ~

This looks like Pango issue #417 which is resolved by pygtk commit 4aaa48e.

I'll go ahead and correct this on my end. Stay tuned.

Edit: Sync up and you should be good to go.

P.S. If I recall correctly, for ebuilds to be /etc/portage/patches aware they must either be using EAPI 7 or call eapply_user of which pygtk does neither.

shazeal wrote:
  • Changing the Settings -> Power -> Blank screen only runs a screen saver rather than turning off the screen, I have had to create a script to run on gnome startup that runs 'xset dpms 300 300 300' which fixes the actual screen blanking issue. By default it will set all dpms values to 0 no matter what setting is used for Blank screen in settings.

Last I checked, the screen blanks for me using GNOME 3.14 through 3.34.

It's possible new code was introduced for 3.34 and that broke so I'll be spinning up a test install for a quick look and see.

Edit: I checked and the screen blanks as intended.

shazeal wrote:
  • The lock screen using SystemD will allow you to just start typing to unlock, without SystemD you must drag the mouse up to begin typing your password.

This is to be expected.

If you want GNOME to function (almost) exactly as upstream intended, then you need to use the latest GNOME release version with a systemd implementation otherwise you will run into a short series of trivial quirks.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shazeal
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 200
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
P.S. If I recall correctly, for ebuilds to be /etc/portage/patches aware they must either be using EAPI 7 or call eapply_user of which pygtk does neither.

That is great to know, thank you.

dantrell wrote:
shazeal wrote:
  • Changing the Settings -> Power -> Blank screen only runs a screen saver rather than turning off the screen, I have had to create a script to run on gnome startup that runs 'xset dpms 300 300 300' which fixes the actual screen blanking issue. By default it will set all dpms values to 0 no matter what setting is used for Blank screen in settings.

Last I checked, the screen blanks for me using GNOME 3.14 through 3.34.

It's possible new code was introduced for 3.34 and that broke so I'll be spinning up a test install for a quick look and see.

Edit: I checked and the screen blanks as intended.

Ok it must be a setting I have. Could you tell me the output you get from `xset q | grep Off` mine will show this (until I run the xset dkms command to override it)
Code:
  Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0

meaning screen off/suspend etc is disabled.


dantrell wrote:
shazeal wrote:
  • The lock screen using SystemD will allow you to just start typing to unlock, without SystemD you must drag the mouse up to begin typing your password.

This is to be expected.

If you want GNOME to function (almost) exactly as upstream intended, then you need to use the latest GNOME release version with a systemd implementation otherwise you will run into a short series of trivial quirks.

Ok makes sense, in any case thank you for your great work on this :D
_________________
CFLAGS="-OmgWTFR1CE --fun-lol-loops --march=asmx86go"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
shazeal wrote:
  • dev-lang/rust must have abi_x86_32 set or libsvrg fails to build

This is an old issue covered on pages 8 & 9 of the previous support thread.

Since it apparently made a resurgence, I'll be reviewing it further.

I checked and apparently this is all Shibotto's fault. :twisted:

Actually, abi_x86_32 on dev-lang/rust should be dealt with on a per-user basis since some configurations don't require it.

I'll probably end up making a note about this in the official documentation.


shazeal wrote:
Ok it must be a setting I have. Could you tell me the output you get from `xset q | grep Off` mine will show this (until I run the xset dkms command to override it)
Code:
  Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0

meaning screen off/suspend etc is disabled.

I get the same result as you on a live system (e.g. QEMU returns nothing).
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuBuaBu
l33t
l33t


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 912
Location: France

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to create a fresh new install, but i'm facing some issues.

I've extracted tyhe stage3 tage3-amd64-20200209T214502Z.tar.xz and using dantrell-gnome and dantrell-gnome-3-34 repos.
After syncing every things, update the world fails.

* libsrvg fail because it requires vala which is not yet installed. Manually install vala solved the issue.

* dev-libs/libgusb-0.3.0-r2 fail with:
Code:
 * Running autoheader ...                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --foreign --force-missing ...                                                                                 [ !! ]

 * Failed Running automake !
 *
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *
 *   /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgusb-0.3.0-r2/temp/automake.out

 * ERROR: dev-libs/libgusb-0.3.0-r2::dantrell-gnome failed (prepare phase):
 *   Failed Running automake !
 *


Code:
# cat /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgusb-0.3.0-r2/temp/automake.out
***** automake *****
***** PWD: /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgusb-0.3.0-r2/work/libgusb-0.3.0
***** automake --add-missing --copy --foreign --force-missing

configure.ac:51: installing 'build-aux/compile'
configure.ac:16: installing 'build-aux/missing'
automake-1.16: error: cannot open < gtk-doc.make: No such file or directory


I've installed gtk-doc as a workaround.


Looks like there is also an issue with python:
Code:
!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- app-editors/gedit-3.34.1::dantrell-gnome-3-34 (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: Invalid atom (Invalid use dep: '%PYTHON_USEDEP-HAS-BEEN-REMOVED%'), token 31 in '/var/db/pkg/app-editors/gedit-3.34.1/DEPEND', invalid: RDEPEND: Invalid atom (Invalid use dep: '%PYTHON_USEDEP-HAS-BEEN-REMOVED%'), token 31 in '/var/db/pkg/app-editors/gedit-3.34.1/RDEPEND')
- sys-power/upower-0.99.12.20190903-r1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: Invalid atom (Invalid use dep: '%PYTHON_USEDEP-HAS-BEEN-REMOVED%'), token 28 in '/var/db/pkg/sys-power/upower-0.99.12.20190903-r1/DEPEND', invalid: RDEPEND: Invalid atom (Invalid use dep: '%PYTHON_USEDEP-HAS-BEEN-REMOVED%'), token 28 in '/var/db/pkg/sys-power/upower-0.99.12.20190903-r1/RDEPEND')



Let me know if you required more informations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuBuaBu wrote:
* libsrvg fail because it requires vala which is not yet installed. Manually install vala solved the issue.

This is a known issue. Edit: See this post on page 10 of the previous support thread.

If memory serves, it was the best solution I could find to avoid a circular depemnecy for new installs but the side effect was that sometimes a manual install of Vala would be required.

This is one of two things I should probably make a note on in the official documentation.

P.S. For the record, looking for better solutions is on the list but it's a low priority issue.

BuBuaBu wrote:
* dev-libs/libgusb-0.3.0-r2 fail with: [...]

Fixed but not live just yet. Edit: Live.

BuBuaBu wrote:
Looks like there is also an issue with python: [...]

I was waiting for something like this to prop up.

Gentoo has started a rapid deployment of changes to the portage tree that have downstream (i.e. overlays) implications.

I took a couple days to start shorting things out but it looks like another change just hit. Fortunately, this one is somewhat trivial so I'll be working on it promptly. Edit: Done.

In the meanwhile, don't blindly accept depclean output since it'll ignore any dependencies related to the ebuilds being complained about.

P.S. You can mostly track what I (and other downstream consumers) will be dealing with by checking for QA, eclass and */* changes.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello :-)
In my setup dev-libs/folks-0.13.2 failed to configure because of missing dev-python/dbusmock, so i had to install dev-python/dbusmock-0.18.3 and then dev-libs/folks build fine, but because dev-python/dbusmock is not a depend of dev-libs/folks it would be unmerged during emerge --depclean -av, so at the moment i had to install dev-python/dbusmock in my worldfile to prevent unmerging dev-python/dbusmock.

I hope this helps a little bit :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
In my setup dev-libs/folks-0.13.2 failed to configure because of missing dev-python/dbusmock [...]

Sync up and you should be good to go.

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
[...] so at the moment i had to install dev-python/dbusmock in my worldfile to prevent unmerging dev-python/dbusmock.

P.S. This can be removed now. :wink:
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Sync up and you should be good to go.

P.S. This can be removed now. :wink:


Thanks :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saboya
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 497
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meson update is blocked due to a conflict with dconf:

Code:
dev-util/meson:0

  (dev-util/meson-0.52.1:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6 -python3_7 -python3_8" conflicts with
    <dev-util/meson-0.52 required by (gnome-base/dconf-0.34.0:0/0::dantrell-gnome, installed) USE="-gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^               ^^^^


Not sure if you're aware, so letting you know :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNOME 3.34.4 (bugfixes) is now available.

Traditionally each major GNOME release version came with 3 versions x.y.0 (alpha), x.y.1 (beta) and x.y.2 (stable). However, earlier last month, there was a quiet release of x.y.3 tarballs and if you sync up now there will be some x.y.4 tarballs. Apparently GNOME upstream has decided to start releasing more stable point versions between major release versions.

But I digress.

Nothing significant has changed since the initial announcement post.

The remaining high-priority issues are still:
  • WebKit bug #199094 (restoring the preprocessor guards)
  • End of Life (EOL) for Python 2.
And the last medium-priority ebuild-related issue is now:
  • Port to EAPI 7.
However, a number of low-priority ebuild-related issues have cropped up:
I'm also still sitting on thoughts regarding the future direction of the project (for details see page 10 of this support thread starting with this post).

dantrell wrote:
dantrell wrote:
shazeal wrote:
  • dev-lang/rust must have abi_x86_32 set or libsvrg fails to build

This is an old issue covered on pages 8 & 9 of the previous support thread.

Since it apparently made a resurgence, I'll be reviewing it further.

I checked and apparently this is all Shibotto's fault. :twisted:

Actually, abi_x86_32 on dev-lang/rust should be dealt with on a per-user basis since some configurations don't require it.

I'll probably end up making a note about this in the official documentation.

dantrell wrote:
BuBuaBu wrote:
* libsrvg fail because it requires vala which is not yet installed. Manually install vala solved the issue.

This is a known issue. Edit: See this post on page 10 of the previous support thread.

If memory serves, it was the best solution I could find to avoid a circular depemnecy for new installs but the side effect was that sometimes a manual install of Vala would be required.

This is one of two things I should probably make a note on in the official documentation.

P.S. For the record, looking for better solutions is on the list but it's a low priority issue.

These two tidbits are now noted in the official documentation.

saboya wrote:
Meson update is blocked due to a conflict with dconf: [...]

Thanks for the heads up. :wink:

I forward ported the relevant patch.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 1044

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dantrell,

trying to update system, I get
Code:
emerge world -uDNav --with-bdeps=y && emerge --depclean && revdep-rebuild && etc-update && emerge @preserved-rebuild

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies                           ... done!

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=dev-cpp/gtkmm-3.24:3.0" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-cpp/gtkmm-3.24.2::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)
- dev-cpp/gtkmm-3.24.2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)

(dependency required by "sys-block/gparted-1.0.0::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])


Can you help me please? :wink:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elleni wrote:
trying to update system, I get [...]

Sync up and you should be good to go.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 1044

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Updating. I'll be back! :twisted:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the release of GNOME 3.36 "Gresik" it's almost time to dust off my secret overlay tools and start prepping.

As per usual, I won't know if my code is forward-portable until I actually attempt it. So if it works, we are going to be surprised together. :o

Other than that I will finally be acting on a few changes such as dropping Python 2.7 support for all trivial cases where Python 3 is supported (which, as noted before, accounts for approximately 82% of the applicable ebuilds).

As such, expect a few bumps but worry not, I'm as adequately prepared as always.

Stay tuned.

P.S. For those with a not-at-all-morbid curiosity on which GNOME release version I'm running... I'm still on 3.14 with no immediate plans to step up but I may step sideways (for details, read the fine print).

P.P.S In other news, the GNOME Without Systemd project is now allegedly laying its not-at-all-dastardly eyes on the Pantheon desktop. Is nothing sacred? More at 11.

Update (2020-03-13): As per my earliest (ish) post there were ~243 ebuilds in the project overlays related to Python 2.7 of which 51% were trivial cases and 31% were potentially only unit testing cases (i.e. 82% altogether).

My changes aren't live just yet but Python 2.7 is now contained to GNOME 3.26 and earlier, with only ~52 affected ebuilds remaining globally, of which ~31 are in the generic overlay (i.e. a ~78% clearance rate thus far).

I'm still reviewing the remaining ebuilds but once my changes are live it's entirely possible (if you are running ~) that GNOME 3.28 and later might be free of Python 2.7 entirely.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dantrell,

yesterday a new version of media-fonts/noto tried to install (media-fonts/noto-20200308) but it fails during install phase with the following error:
Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome
>>> Downloading 'http://mirror.netcologne.de/gentoo/distfiles/92/noto-20200308.tar.gz'
--2020-03-14 15:56:04--  http://mirror.netcologne.de/gentoo/distfiles/92/noto-20200308.tar.gz
Auflösen des Hostnamens mirror.netcologne.de… 194.8.197.22, 2001:4dd0:1234:1::deb
Verbindungsaufbau zu mirror.netcologne.de|194.8.197.22|:80 … verbunden.
HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet … 200 OK
Länge: 853685953 (814M) [application/octet-stream]
Wird in »/var/cache/distfiles/noto-20200308.tar.gz.__download__« gespeichert.

/var/cache/distfile 100%[===================>] 814,14M  25,6MB/s    in 35s     

2020-03-14 15:56:40 (23,2 MB/s) - »/var/cache/distfiles/noto-20200308.tar.gz.__download__« gespeichert [853685953/853685953]

 * noto-20200308.tar.gz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking noto-20200308.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8 ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8 ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8 ...
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: media-fonts/noto-20200308

>>> Install media-fonts/noto-20200308 into /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/image
rm: das Entfernen von '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8/hinted/Noto*Condensed*.ttf' ist nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
rm: das Entfernen von '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8/unhinted/Noto*Condensed*.ttf' ist nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 * ERROR: media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome failed (install phase):
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line 125:  Called src_install
 *   environment, line 632:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               rm "${S}"/{hinted,unhinted}/Noto*Condensed*.ttf || die;
 *
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/media-fonts:noto-20200308:20200314-145604.log'.
 * For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8'

>>> Failed to emerge media-fonts/noto-20200308, Log file:

>>>  '/var/log/portage/media-fonts:noto-20200308:20200314-145604.log'
 *
 * The following package has failed to build, install, or execute postinst:
 *
 *  (media-fonts/noto-20200308:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/log/portage/media-fonts:noto-20200308:20200314-145604.log'


I hope this helps a bit :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
yesterday a new version of media-fonts/noto tried to install (media-fonts/noto-20200308) but it fails during install phase with the following error:[...]

Sync up and you should be good to go.

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
I hope this helps a bit :-)

That said, in the future, please don't forget to include the package USE flags so I don't have to guess which combination is causing the error. :wink:
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
That said, in the future, please don't forget to include the package USE flags so I don't have to guess which combination is causing the error. :wink:


Ok i will do this :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New error during installing media-fonts/noto:
Code:
 * Package:    media-fonts/noto-20200308
 * Repository: dantrell-gnome
 * Maintainer: fonts@gentoo.org pacho@gentoo.org
 * USE:        X abi_x86_64 amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux ttf userland_GNU
 * FEATURES:   network-sandbox preserve-libs sandbox userpriv usersandbox
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking noto-20200308.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8 ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8 ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8 ...
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: media-fonts/noto-20200308

>>> Install media-fonts/noto-20200308 into /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/image
/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/temp/environment: Zeile 555: pushd:  /var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8/unhinted/: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.cz17ye9f/bin/doins.py", line 611, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
  File "/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.cz17ye9f/bin/doins.py", line 602, in main
    os.path.dirname(source)):
  File "/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.cz17ye9f/bin/doins.py", line 450, in _doins
    return install_runner.install_file(source, os.path.dirname(dest))
  File "/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.cz17ye9f/bin/doins.py", line 386, in install_file
    return self._ins_runner.run(source, dest_dir)
  File "/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.cz17ye9f/bin/doins.py", line 195, in run
    sstat = os.stat(source)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: b'*.ttf'
 * ERROR: media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome failed (install phase):
 *   doins failed
 *
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-fonts/noto-20200308::dantrell-gnome'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/media-fonts:noto-20200308:20200315-112326.log'.
 * For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-fonts/noto-20200308/work/noto-fonts-1c9f53362889d4468fd1193b76c397c208d81da8'
 *
 * The following package has failed to build, install, or execute postinst:
 *
 *  (media-fonts/noto-20200308:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge), Log file:
 *   '/var/log/portage/media-fonts:noto-20200308:20200315-112326.log'
 *

 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
 * After world updates, it is important to remove obsolete packages with
 * emerge --depclean. Refer to `man emerge` for more information.


:-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
New error during installing media-fonts/noto: [...]

Whoops... on it right now, stay stuned. :o

Edit: Resolving this was actually simple but that was when I noticed that Phase III had 100 empty font files and a couple other problematic issues that took a bit to fix. :?

Sync up and you should be good to go.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonvanderveldt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dantrell,

Got the following error when emerging app-emulation/spice-0.14.0-r2::dantrell-gnome, USE flags are USE="-gstreamer -libressl -lz4 -sasl -smartcard -static-libs"

Code:
libtool: compile:  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -pthread -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/lib64/libffi/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/opus -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"Spice\" -I/usr/include/spice-1 -DFIXME_SERVER_SMARTCARD -march=core-avx-i -O2 -pipe -c generated_server_marshallers.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libspice_common_server_la-generated_server_marshallers.o
generated_server_demarshallers.c: In function 'parse_msgc_tunnel_service_add':
generated_server_demarshallers.c:1481:28: error: 'SPICE_TUNNEL_SERVICE_TYPE_IPP' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1481 |         if (type__value == SPICE_TUNNEL_SERVICE_TYPE_IPP) {
      |                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
generated_server_demarshallers.c:1481:28: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
generated_server_demarshallers.c:1492:36: error: 'SPICE_TUNNEL_IP_TYPE_IPv4' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1492 |                 if (type__value == SPICE_TUNNEL_IP_TYPE_IPv4) {
      |                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[5]: *** [Makefile:602: libspice_common_server_la-generated_server_demarshallers.lo] Error 1
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
generated_server_marshallers.c: In function 'spice_marshall_msg_tunnel_service_ip_map':
generated_server_marshallers.c:1283:37: error: 'SPICE_TUNNEL_IP_TYPE_IPv4' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1283 |         if (src->virtual_ip.type == SPICE_TUNNEL_IP_TYPE_IPv4) {
      |                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
generated_server_marshallers.c:1283:37: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[5]: *** [Makefile:609: libspice_common_server_la-generated_server_marshallers.lo] Error 1


Also have one other question: Do you have any plans to update OpenRC? 0.42.1 is stable in the gentoo tree and I'm currently only getting 0.29-r3 from your overlay.
Asking because the old OpenRC version is preventing me from installing lm-sensors 3.6.0
Code:
[ebuild     U ~] sys-apps/lm-sensors-3.6.0:0/5.0.0::gentoo [3.5.0:0/5.0.0::gentoo] USE="contrib -sensord -static-libs" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 267 KiB
[blocks B      ] <sys-apps/openrc-0.36 ("<sys-apps/openrc-0.36" is blocking sys-apps/lm-sensors-3.6.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Hi dantrell,

It was so quiet in here, I figured if my last few updates (which affected ~600 ebuilds) didn't cause any bumps. I'd wait for GNOME 3.36.1 instead. Oh well. :twisted:

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Got the following error when emerging app-emulation/spice-0.14.0-r2::dantrell-gnome, USE flags are USE="-gstreamer -libressl -lz4 -sasl -smartcard -static-libs" [...]

Will investigate. Edit: Sync up and you should be good to go.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Also have one other question: Do you have any plans to update OpenRC? 0.42.1 is stable in the gentoo tree and I'm currently only getting 0.29-r3 from your overlay.
Asking because the old OpenRC version is preventing me from installing lm-sensors 3.6.0

It's true OpenRC 0.29-r3 is still the stable version but I do have 0.42.1 slotted in ~.

Likewise, lm-sensors 3.5.0 (which is compatible with OpenRC 0.29-r3) is the stable version and 3.6.0 is slotted in ~. I think (maybe) you made some keyword changes?

I guess I could stabilize both OpenRC versions, but, at the same time, it's not clear why lm-sensors cares. I checked their code and there's no mention of OpenRC at all (and vice versa). I also checked Gentoo's side and there's no comment regarding how that dependency restriction is determined. I'm hoping there's actually a reason so I don't have to fork yet another package but I get the feeling that lm-sensors will still work? :?
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonvanderveldt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:
Hi dantrell,

It was so quiet in here, I figured if my last few updates (which affected ~600 ebuilds) didn't cause any bumps. I'd wait for GNOME 3.36.1 instead. Oh well. :twisted:

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Got the following error when emerging app-emulation/spice-0.14.0-r2::dantrell-gnome, USE flags are USE="-gstreamer -libressl -lz4 -sasl -smartcard -static-libs" [...]

Will investigate. Edit: Sync up and you should be good to go.

;)
Thanks for the quick fix, seems to be working now :)

dantrell wrote:

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Also have one other question: Do you have any plans to update OpenRC? 0.42.1 is stable in the gentoo tree and I'm currently only getting 0.29-r3 from your overlay.
Asking because the old OpenRC version is preventing me from installing lm-sensors 3.6.0

It's true OpenRC 0.29-r3 is still the stable version but I do have 0.42.1 slotted in ~.

Likewise, lm-sensors 3.5.0 (which is compatible with OpenRC 0.29-r3) is the stable version and 3.6.0 is slotted in ~. I think (maybe) you made some keyword changes?

I guess I could stabilize both OpenRC versions, but, at the same time, it's not clear why lm-sensors cares. I checked their code and there's no mention of OpenRC at all (and vice versa). I also checked Gentoo's side and there's no comment regarding how that dependency restriction is determined. I'm hoping there's actually a reason so I don't have to fork yet another package but I get the feeling that lm-sensors will still work? :?


Yeah, that's correct, I'd like to use lm-sensors 3.6.0 which is still marked as testing, so only for that package I made a keyword change. (reason is that it introduced an average option to the fancontrol script).

The OpenRC < 0.36 blocker was added in this commit https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commit/1174a168584c2e5485b35df8e88a5b7e85159baa. Now I don't really understand why, from what I understand it's about openrc adopting systemd's module loading behavior to load modules from /etc/modules-load.d but as far as I understand it the OpenRC version that you've currently stabilized (0.29-r3) also supports that location. According to the OpenRC news file it was added in 0.21.4 https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/blob/master/NEWS.md#openrc-021. A version close to this (0.21.7) was also the one listed in the 3.5.0 ebuild https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/blob/846c38951ad42771f83af7db9e4d66c6fa31294c/sys-apps/lm-sensors/lm-sensors-3.5.0.ebuild#L38.
Anyway, none of this is a hard dependency on the OpenRC version and I don't see anything else where lm-sensors and OpenRC interact. I don't know why a blocker was added, seems like a heavy measure when a simple message would've been enough.
Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to ignore a blocker like this, so I think the only workaround for me would be to fork the lm-sensors ebuild?

[edit] I think it's because of this bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/680172 but the blocker still makes no sense to me. I guess I'll file a bug.
[edit2] Filed a bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/712810 not sure if it'll result in a change since there are no such old OpenRC versions in the gentoo tree.


Last edited by simonvanderveldt on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dantrell
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Posts: 679
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Anyway, none of this is a hard dependency on the OpenRC version and I don't see anything else where lm-sensors and OpenRC interact. I don't know why a blocker was added, seems like a heavy measure when a simple message would've been enough.

Sadly, this isn't uncommon.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to ignore a blocker like this, so I think the only workaround for me would be to fork the lm-sensors ebuild?.

Overlays just aren't powerful enough.

I wish there was a way to say "use this ebuild from main tree but apply this command (e.g. sed) or series of commands" (as well as numerous other tidbits such as deleting, changing or inserting a dependency in-place) but that will probably require me act on some variant of my previous idea starring an automated slipstreamed tree.

That said, you can fork it, I can fork it or I can just stabilize all offered versions of OpenRC.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
[edit] I think it's because of this bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/680172 but the blocker still makes no sense to me. I guess I'll file a bug.
[edit2] Filed a bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/712810 not sure if it'll result in a change since there are no such old OpenRC versions in the gentoo tree.

Actually, I guess Gentoo could also loosen the blocker (if applicable).

If there's no hurry, I'm going to sit on this for a bit and see how your bug report pans out.
_________________
Dantrell B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonvanderveldt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:
[edit] I think it's because of this bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/680172 but the blocker still makes no sense to me. I guess I'll file a bug.
[edit2] Filed a bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/712810 not sure if it'll result in a change since there are no such old OpenRC versions in the gentoo tree.

Actually, I guess Gentoo could also loosen the blocker (if applicable).

If there's no hurry, I'm going to sit on this for a bit and see how your bug report pans out.

Yeah, that's totally fine, no rush :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
Whoops... on it right now, stay stuned. :o

Edit: Resolving this was actually simple but that was when I noticed that Phase III had 100 empty font files and a couple other problematic issues that took a bit to fix. :?

Sync up and you should be good to go.


Thanks, now media-fonts/noto builds and installs fine :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum