Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Ti Book keys not functional
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sdidier
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 May 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Ti Book keys not functional Reply with quote

After a successful install using the development sources kernel from the Live CD 2.6.1-r1 I find that the keyboard on my powerbook doesn't work! I checked the keymap file and everything appears to be in order there--us-map-gz, I believe. BTW I am typing this from OSX since I can't from Gentoo.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am on a slow dial-up so emerging from a mirror site is generally out of the question. However I do use a Sonnet 802.11g PC card on the Mac side from time to time and could travel to a wireless access point if I knew that I could configure the card under Gentoo?

Thanks for the help in advance! :wink:
Steve
_________________
Steve Didier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stimuli
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 16 Dec 2002
Posts: 292
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem obviously lies in your kernel config. Boot from the cd and try to fix it.

mine is available from http://stimuli.ca/linux/files/.config-2.6 I believe. rename it to .config and put in your /usr/src/linux-* sourcecode folder and rebuild.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pylon
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 17 Jan 2003
Posts: 279
Location: Cologne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess: You forgot to switch on ADB input devices in the kernel?
_________________
hacking is not a crime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon_b
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Hamilton, NZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pylon wrote:
Just a guess: You forgot to switch on ADB input devices in the kernel?


why would you need to? ADB hasnt been used for years by apple....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdidier
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 May 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Ti Book keys not functional Reply with quote

Actually I had switched on the ADB devices in the kernel menu, made no difference. I also tried it with them off.
I downloaded your config file and will copy it over when I get a chance . will let you know if it works for me---Thanks!
_________________
Steve Didier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon_b
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Hamilton, NZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ti Book keys not functional Reply with quote

sdidier wrote:
Actually I had switched on the ADB devices in the kernel menu, made no difference. I also tried it with them off.
I downloaded your config file and will copy it over when I get a chance . will let you know if it works for me---Thanks!


ive just sorted my problems and all i did was copy the config.gz file from /proc on the live cd, un pack it and rename the config file to .config then in menuconfig i loaded the .config file and its all sweet!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
popsickle
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 11
Location: Belgium - Ghent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon_b wrote:
Pylon wrote:
Just a guess: You forgot to switch on ADB input devices in the kernel?


why would you need to? ADB hasnt been used for years by apple....


ADB is internally used for the keyboard and touchpad to work for practically all iBooks/Pb's around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simon_b
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Hamilton, NZ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popsickle wrote:
simon_b wrote:
Pylon wrote:
Just a guess: You forgot to switch on ADB input devices in the kernel?


why would you need to? ADB hasnt been used for years by apple....


ADB is internally used for the keyboard and touchpad to work for practically all iBooks/Pb's around.


oh ok :) thanks i didnt know that...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum