Joined: 02 Aug 2003
Location: Paris (France)
|Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:12 am Post subject: question about install on pbg4 [dec 2002] 1ghz
Since I have more time to do, I would like to reinstall my laptop with gentoo. I've some question before :
- Which kernel do you use to have sleep support, firewire enabled ?
- Does xorg allow me to have 3D acceleration (I had it with Xfree86) ?
- Could we have now tv-out support ?
- Could we have external display ?
- How to use ipod with linux to change mp3 songs on it and manage libraries and playlists ?
My config is :
- Powerbook G4 15" (3.3)- 1ghz with ATI Radeon RV250M9 (ATI Radeon mobility 9000) : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75431
- Ipod 20 Go (jan 2004)
- External HD Lacie D2 120 Go (Firewire)
Thanks for advance for your answers I will share my experience later with you when I will finish to install it