Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
apmd compile problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
senzacionale
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Posts: 532
Location: Slovenia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: apmd compile problem Reply with quote

Code:

 * Updating desktop mime database ...
 * Updating shared mime info database ...
***
* Updating MIME database in /usr/share/mime...
***
 * Updating icons cache ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
>>> net-misc/vino-2.10.0 merged.

>>> clean: No packages selected for removal.

>>> emerge (2 of 29) sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 to /
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.1_p4.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.0.2-r3.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.0.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.confd
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.0.2-r3
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff.3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.rc6
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.1_p4
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd-3.2.0.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
 * Applying apmd_3.2.1-4.diff ...                                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.
libtool --quiet --mode=compile gcc -c  -O -g -Wall -pipe -I. -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/src/linux-2.2/include -I /usr/src/linux-2.0/include -DVERSION=\"3.2.1\" -DDEFAULT_PROXY_NAME=\"/etc/apmd_proxy\" apmlib.c

libtool --quiet --mode=link gcc -o libapm.la apmlib.lo -rpath /usr/lib -version-info 1:0
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crti.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtendS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crtn.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [libapm.la] Error 1

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 50, Exitcode 2
!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.


Can anyone tell me what is wrong here that doesn't want to compile it?
_________________
Spletno narocanje hrane in dostava hrane na dom na portalu DostavaHrane.si
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mtmoore
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: just emerge apmd Reply with quote

I was having the same problem when it was being emerged as a dependency such as:
Code:
emerge gnome


However, emerging the package by itself with
Code:
emerge ampd
compiles the package successfully.
Obviously there is a bug somewhere but I have no idea what it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chuckbag
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: no love from emerge! Reply with quote

I have the same problem and can't get apmd emerged either way.

Code:
emerge apmd
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 to /
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.1_p4.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.0.2-r3.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.0.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.0.2-r3
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.1_p4
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.rc6
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff.3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd-3.2.0.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.confd
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
 * Applying apmd_3.2.1-4.diff ...                                         [ ok ]>>> Source unpacked.
libtool --quiet --mode=compile gcc -c  -O -g -Wall -pipe -I. -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/src/linux-2.2/include -I /usr/src/linux-2.0/include -DVERSION=\"3.2.1\" -DDEFAULT_PROXY_NAME=\"/etc/apmd_proxy\" apmlib.c
libtool --quiet --mode=link gcc -o libapm.la apmlib.lo -rpath /usr/lib -version-info 1:0
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crti.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtendS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crtn.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [libapm.la] Error 1

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 50, Exitcode 2
!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.


This is a brand new Gentoo install on 2.6.13, and I got this error while trying to emerge gnome.
Code:
 uname -a
Linux oak 2.6.13-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Mon Nov 7 05:06:00 PST 2005 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1300MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux


The weird part is gnome works, but the mouse is really slow.

Any suggestions on how to move forward and properly install gnome?
(let me know if you need more info) ...and sorry for being such a noob...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
senzacionale
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Posts: 532
Location: Slovenia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try mtmoore advice and i also must emerge libxslt. It works for me.

First use
Code:

emerge sync
emerge libxslt


then reemerge gnome with
Code:

emerge gnome


and last step emerge apmd
Code:

emerge apmd


this works for me and i hope that it will works for you too.

Quote:

Any suggestions on how to move forward and properly install gnome?
(let me know if you need more info) ...and sorry for being such a noob...


tell more info and you are not n00b becouse of this questions? Everyone start from zero!
_________________
Spletno narocanje hrane in dostava hrane na dom na portalu DostavaHrane.si
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chuckbag
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no love. :(

first I checked to see if I need to emerge libxslt:
Code:
oak # emerge -s libxslt
Searching...
[ Results for search key : libxslt ]
[ Applications found : 2 ]

*  dev-libs/libxslt
      Latest version available: 1.1.15
      Latest version installed: 1.1.15
      Size of downloaded files: 1,780 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.xmlsoft.org/
      Description: XSLT libraries and tools
      License:     MIT
      [...]


doing it anyway....
Code:
oak  # emerge dev-libs/libxslt
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.1
[...]
>>> Recording dev-libs/libxslt in "world" favorites file...

>>> clean: No packages selected for removal.

>>> Auto-cleaning packages ...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.


 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.


Seeing what's up with gnome:
Code:
oak # emerge -up gnome

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild     U ] x11-libs/gtk+-2.6.10-r1 [2.6.10]
[ebuild  N    ] sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4
[ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gnome-applets-2.10.1
[ebuild  N    ] gnome-extra/gucharmap-1.4.3
[ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gdm-2.8.0.3
[ebuild  N    ] media-gfx/eog-2.10.2
[ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gnome-2.10.2


Note that I am CURRENTLY running gnome. (this suggests to me that I don't have the base installed yet.) (!?!?)

So now I guess I will emerge gnome again.....
Code:
oak  # emerge gnome
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 6) sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 to /
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.1_p4.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.0.2-r3.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.0.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.0.2-r3
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.1_p4
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.rc6
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff.3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd-3.2.0.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.confd
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
 * Applying apmd_3.2.1-4.diff ...                                         [ ok ]>>> Source unpacked.
libtool --quiet --mode=compile gcc -c  -O -g -Wall -pipe -I. -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/src/linux-2.2/include -I /usr/src/linux-2.0/include -DVERSION=\"3.2.1\" -DDEFAULT_PROXY_NAME=\"/etc/apmd_proxy\" apmlib.c
libtool --quiet --mode=link gcc -o libapm.la apmlib.lo -rpath /usr/lib -version-info 1:0
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crti.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtendS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crtn.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [libapm.la] Error 1

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 50, Exitcode 2
!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.


Could this be a USE issue?
Code:
oak # cat /etc/make.conf
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
   USE="acl alsa bonobo crypt cups doc encode esd ethereal evo fbcon
   flash gd gif gnome gtk gtkhtml imap imlib jack java jpeg ladcca
   libg++ libgda libwww maildir mozilla mpeg nas oggvorbis oss
   opengl pdflib  perl plotutils png qt quicktime samba sasl slang
   slp spell ssl tiff truetype wmf X Xaw3d xinerama xml xmms xv zlib"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
oak #


Not sure what to do next.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avendesora
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 16 Aug 2002
Posts: 1739
Location: Betelgeuse vicinity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember to post your 'emerge info' with compile issues.

Also read the second sticky
on this forum. You could very well be in need of a fix_libtool_files.sh run (lots of examples
in that thread, your exact versions may vary).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chuckbag
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:(

Still no love.

I tried the above suggestions:
Code:
oak # gcc-config 1
 * Switching native-compiler to i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.3.6 ...               [ ok ]

oak # fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.4
 * Scanning libtool files for hardcoded gcc library paths...
 *   [1/8] Scanning /lib ...
 *   [2/8] Scanning /usr/lib ...
 *   [3/8] Scanning /opt/XnView/lib ...
 *   [4/8] Scanning /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.02/jre/lib/i386 ...
 *   [5/8] Scanning /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib ...
 *   [6/8] Scanning /usr/kde/3.4/lib ...
 *   [7/8] Scanning /usr/local/lib ...
 *   [8/8] Scanning /usr/qt/3/lib ...


then I tried to reemerge gnome:
Code:
oak # emerge gnome
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 6) sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 to /
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.1_p4.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.0.2-r3.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) apmd-3.2.0.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.0.2-r3
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.1_p4
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.rc6
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmsleep.c.diff.3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd-3.2.0.kernel26x.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-apmd-3.2.0
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/apmd.confd
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1.orig.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
>>> Unpacking apmd_3.2.1-4.diff.gz to /var/tmp/portage/apmd-3.2.1_p4/work
 * Applying apmd_3.2.1-4.diff ...                                         [ ok ]>>> Source unpacked.
libtool --quiet --mode=compile gcc -c  -O -g -Wall -pipe -I. -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/src/linux-2.2/include -I /usr/src/linux-2.0/include -DVERSION=\"3.2.1\" -DDEFAULT_PROXY_NAME=\"/etc/apmd_proxy\" apmlib.c
libtool --quiet --mode=link gcc -o libapm.la apmlib.lo -rpath /usr/lib -version-info 1:0
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crti.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/crtendS.o: No such file or directory
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5-20050130/../../../crtn.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [libapm.la] Error 1

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/apmd-3.2.1_p4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 50, Exitcode 2
!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.


(~ help!!! ~)

If it helps, here is my emerge info:
Code:
oak # emerge info
Portage 2.0.51.22-r3 (default-linux/x86/2005.1, gcc-3.3.6, glibc-2.3.5-r2, 2.6.13-gentoo-r5 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.13-gentoo-r5 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1300MHz
Gentoo Base System version 1.6.13
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5, 2.4.2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.11
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r6
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.15.92.0.2-r10
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.20
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.11-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.4/env /usr/kde/3.4/share/config /usr/kde/3.4/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/lib/X11/xkb /usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="x86 X Xaw3d acl alsa apm arts audiofile avi berkdb bitmap-fonts bonobo bzip2 crypt cups doc eds emboss encode esd ethereal evo exif expat fam fbcon flash foomaticdb fortran gd gdbm gif glut gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 gtkhtml idn imagemagick imap imlib ipv6 jack java jpeg kde ladcca lcms libg++ libgda libwww mad maildir mikmod mng motif mozilla mp3 mpeg nas ncurses nls ogg oggvorbis opengl oss pam pcre pdflib perl plotutils png python qt quicktime readline samba sasl sdl slang slp spell ssl tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev vorbis wmf xinerama xml xml2 xmms xv zlib userland_GNU kernel_linux elibc_glibc"
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CTARGET, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY


any ideas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avendesora
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 16 Aug 2002
Posts: 1739
Location: Betelgeuse vicinity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you ran this:
Code:
fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.5-20050130

Otherwise, try using gcc-config (change to another profile and come back to this one).

Otherwise, well, I don't know. Re-emerge gcc? (quickpkg it beforehand to have a backup).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cshields
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 28
Location: Indiana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here, regardless of the libtool fixes..

-C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cshields
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 28
Location: Indiana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed for me..

update (or remerge) libtool

fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.5-20050130

emerge apmd

-C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OneOfMany
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 108
Location: Portland, OR USA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem on apmd...

I assume the version number you use after the fix_libtool_files.sh is the version listed in the error. So yes the above user "chuckbag" used the wrong version number (their output shows they used 3.3.4 instead of the correct string of 3.3.5-20050130). I've tried this on my system with the version from my error and I still get the same output.

This was after upgrading from 3.3.6 to 3.4.4-r1, having it all go fine and finally deciding to add back in apmd. I'd removed it when it looked like it was doing nothing, but X seems to possibly want to access it.

Update:
Hmmm....so I had to re-emerge libtool just like above person, then do the fix_libtool_files.sh line. APMD emerging past the error as I type.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skardal
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 39
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Code:

fix_libtool_files.sh 3.3.5


worked for me.

If unsure of what to type after fix_libtool_files.sh, just do

Code:
fix_libtool_files.sh

read what it says
Code:
fix_libtool_files.sh correct version of your previous gcc


:)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fiercely
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 19
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneOfMany wrote:
I'm having the same problem on apmd...

I assume the version number you use after the fix_libtool_files.sh is the version listed in the error. So yes the above user "chuckbag" used the wrong version number (their output shows they used 3.3.4 instead of the correct string of 3.3.5-20050130). I've tried this on my system with the version from my error and I still get the same output.

This was after upgrading from 3.3.6 to 3.4.4-r1, having it all go fine and finally deciding to add back in apmd. I'd removed it when it looked like it was doing nothing, but X seems to possibly want to access it.

Update:
Hmmm....so I had to re-emerge libtool just like above person, then do the fix_libtool_files.sh line. APMD emerging past the error as I type.


this worked for me as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nesl247
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 1614
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have this problem. However I use gcc4.1 and it does not seem to find anything to update. fix_libtool_files.sh 4.1.0-beta20060203
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hermanng
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 175
Location: Nussberg,Germany,Earth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem too. I used gcc-3.4.5. Downgrading to gcc-3.4.4-r1 solved the problem (did not use fix_libtool_files.sh)
_________________
Hermann
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nesl247
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 1614
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it by re-emerging libtool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zoltarx
n00b
n00b


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 25
Location: poland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my hardened system this solved the problem:

Code:
emerge libtool && source /etc/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyme
n00b
n00b


Joined: 15 Feb 2003
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoltarx wrote:
For my hardened system this solved the problem:

Code:
emerge libtool && source /etc/profile

worked for me too.
_________________
Xor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrFenix
n00b
n00b


Joined: 19 Jun 2005
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyme wrote:
zoltarx wrote:
For my hardened system this solved the problem:

Code:
emerge libtool && source /etc/profile

worked for me too.


ACK - Same here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Posts: 5511
Location: Durham, UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Duplicate Threads in favour of jpeg-6b-r4 fails to compile, fix_libtool_files.sh is no help.
_________________
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum