Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Java/Openoffice on Powerbook [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Java/Openoffice on Powerbook [SOLVED] Reply with quote

OK, I'd like to install openoffice, but it needs the Java stuff from IBM. I downloaded the tgz, but now whenever it tries to emerge the ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03, it says:
Digest verification Failed:
/usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz
Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size

Help, please!
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome


Last edited by Valkura on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:00 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fb
l33t
l33t


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 636
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that the file got damaged or was incorrectly downloaded.
What does
Code:
ls -la /usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz

reports?
For me it says
Code:
ls -la /usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz
-rw-r--r--  1 fbissey users 59777026 Dec 12 15:01 /usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz

If your figure is different (59777026) that is then you have to re-download it.
If it is correct and the tarball is uncorrupted try
Code:
ebuild digest /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild

And that should do the trick and you should be able to emerge normally after that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb wrote:
It is possible that the file got damaged or was incorrectly downloaded.
What does
Code:
ls -la /usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz

reports?
For me it says
Code:
ls -la /usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz
-rw-r--r--  1 fbissey users 59777026 Dec 12 15:01 /usr/portage/distfiles/IBMJava2-SDK-142.ppc-SR3.tgz

If your figure is different (59777026) that is then you have to re-download it.
If it is correct and the tarball is uncorrupted try
Code:
ebuild digest /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild

And that should do the trick and you should be able to emerge normally after that.


My number was not that, so I downloaded it again, but I get the same problem. Just curious, what does the ebuild digest actually do? Thanks
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fb
l33t
l33t


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 636
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subie wrote:
My number was not that, so I downloaded it again, but I get the same problem. Just curious, what does the ebuild digest actually do? Thanks


The binary may have changed slightly as there has been a version bump (a 1.4.2.004
release is now available). The ebuild digest will recompute the size and md5 check
sums contained in the manifest file for the specified ebuild. Every package has a
"Manifest" file which contains the size and md5 check sums of all the files needed
for that package and for every version of it that is available. This file is updated
when you sync the portage tree. It may happen (it did a few time recently) that
it is not updated correctly. By issuing the "ebuild digest soandso.ebuild" command
you basically replace the values in the Manifest file by values from the file you
downloaded.

Now if you use that and it still doesn't work it may mean that you have trouble
downloading from the IBM web-site.

Hope that helped.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb wrote:
Subie wrote:
My number was not that, so I downloaded it again, but I get the same problem. Just curious, what does the ebuild digest actually do? Thanks


The binary may have changed slightly as there has been a version bump (a 1.4.2.004
release is now available). The ebuild digest will recompute the size and md5 check
sums contained in the manifest file for the specified ebuild. Every package has a
"Manifest" file which contains the size and md5 check sums of all the files needed
for that package and for every version of it that is available. This file is updated
when you sync the portage tree. It may happen (it did a few time recently) that
it is not updated correctly. By issuing the "ebuild digest soandso.ebuild" command
you basically replace the values in the Manifest file by values from the file you
downloaded.

Now if you use that and it still doesn't work it may mean that you have trouble
downloading from the IBM web-site.

Hope that helped.


Thanks for the info. I tried the ebuild digest, but it told me that "digest" does not exist in my home directory. That doesn't sound like a downloading problem...

Thanks for the help
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sno35
Guru
Guru


Joined: 15 May 2004
Posts: 334
Location: Paris, France

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
ebuild digest /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild

I am more used to
Code:
ebuild /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild digest


and man ebuild agrees with me :)

Hth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sno35 wrote:
Code:
ebuild digest /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild

I am more used to
Code:
ebuild /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild digest


and man ebuild agrees with me :)

Hth


That helped.

Final code:
Code:
ebuild /usr/portage/dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03.ebuild digest


Thanks all!

EDIT: Oops, didn't check the next packages. I get a segmentation fault and then a "BOOTSTRAP FAILED" message when it tries to compile dev-java/ant-core-1.6.2-r5.

Any ideas? Thanks
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 09 Apr 2004
Posts: 10974
Location: the dutch mountains

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subie wrote:

EDIT: Oops, didn't check the next packages. I get a segmentation fault and then a "BOOTSTRAP FAILED" message when it tries to compile dev-java/ant-core-1.6.2-r5.

Do you get the same error as found in this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125319
_________________
Please add [solved] to the initial post's subject line if you feel your problem is resolved. Help answer the unanswered

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frelon
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 10 Oct 2004
Posts: 149
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emerged openoffice 2.0.1 "for fun only" (because there always a stupid guy in my university to send us a memo in .doc instead of pdf, etc..).

I did not emerge any JVM ( I tried to emerge the IBM one a long, long time ago "for fun only too", but i failed to found the archive on he web-site, so after 10 minutes I cancelled...), and it works fine, so, if you don't need a JRE for something else, you don't care.
Maybe a JVM is emerged during the oofice emerging, but I did not notice that (2 days of compilation .....)

good luck !!
_________________
http://stan.openmod.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixnut wrote:
Subie wrote:

EDIT: Oops, didn't check the next packages. I get a segmentation fault and then a "BOOTSTRAP FAILED" message when it tries to compile dev-java/ant-core-1.6.2-r5.

Do you get the same error as found in this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125319


Pretty much, except for my Java core file is written to
/var/tmp/portage/ant-core-1.6.2-r5/work/apache-ant-1.6.2/javacore.20060318.145910.7731.txt

In the bug it is in
/var/tmp/portage/ant-core-1.6.2-r5/work/apache-ant-1.6.2/javacore.20060307.021359.5787.txt

And I have "7331 Segmentation fault" instead of 5787.

I wasn't sure if these made a difference....
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Xgl Reply with quote

Alright, so I am trying to get xgl to work, but when I try to compile subversion, I get a seg fault after:
Code:
JVMDG217: Dump Handler is rocessing Signal 11 - Please Wait.
JVMDG303: JVM Requesting Java core file
JVMDG304: Java core file written to /var/tmp/portage/subversion-1.2.3-r2/work/subversion-1.2.3/javacore.20060320.123951.1825.txt
JVMDG215: Dump Handler has Processed Exception Signal 11.
make: *** [subversion/bindings/java/javahl/classes/org/tigris/subversion/javahl/DirEntry.class] Segmentation fault

!!! ERROR: dev-util/subversion-1.2.3-r2 failed.


Is this because of the java problems I have been having? If not, anyone know what may be up?

Thanks
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valkura
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 242
Location: Ramsey, MN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Umm... Reply with quote

Wow, things got messed up with the two XGL powerbook posts. Did a moderator make changes? Just curious. Given what I am seeing here, this is solved :D
_________________
last.fm
SFH, because it's awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum