Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
extra-plasma
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Progeny
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: extra-plasma Reply with quote

Hi, I've just installed KDE 4.0.3... but... I cannot find the package extra-plasma in order to add extra plasmoids...
In the "add widgets" dialog of plasma, I cannot find the button to download/install other plasmoid, I've seen this option in some screenshots...

Why that package (extra-plasma) is not in portage? It will be added in the future? And what about the download/install option in the add widgets dialog?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 09 Apr 2004
Posts: 10974
Location: the dutch mountains

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Unsupported Software.
unsupported stuff, so moved here.
_________________
Please add [solved] to the initial post's subject line if you feel your problem is resolved. Help answer the unanswered

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Berniyh
l33t
l33t


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 677

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: extra-plasma Reply with quote

Progeny wrote:
Hi, I've just installed KDE 4.0.3... but... I cannot find the package extra-plasma in order to add extra plasmoids...
In the "add widgets" dialog of plasma, I cannot find the button to download/install other plasmoid, I've seen this option in some screenshots...

Why that package (extra-plasma) is not in portage? It will be added in the future? And what about the download/install option in the add widgets dialog?

There is no packaged extragear-plasma-4.0.3 from upstream.

You can find extragear-plasma-4.0.1 in the kde overlay. I don't know, if that will get added to the official tree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Progeny
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 263

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've installed this extragear but on 4.0.3 doesn't work. do i need to install the svn version?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Berniyh
l33t
l33t


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 677

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beso_1717 wrote:
i've installed this extragear but on 4.0.3 doesn't work. do i need to install the svn version?!

Unfortunately there is nor tarball for a extragear-plasma-4.0.3, so it's still at -4.0.1.
You can try the svn version, but you will have to expect, that it might not work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beso_1717
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 263

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berniyh wrote:
beso_1717 wrote:
i've installed this extragear but on 4.0.3 doesn't work. do i need to install the svn version?!

Unfortunately there is nor tarball for a extragear-plasma-4.0.3, so it's still at -4.0.1.
You can try the svn version, but you will have to expect, that it might not work.


yep, you're right. it doesn't work. i wonder if there's other way of finding and adding plasma widgets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
a.b.
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 218
Location: Anus Mundi, Germany

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some plasmoids at kde-look.org, they are compiled and installed like normal applications.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Berniyh
l33t
l33t


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 677

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.b. wrote:
There are some plasmoids at kde-look.org, they are compiled and installed like normal applications.

I created an overlay for those some time ago:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4878257.html#4878257
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum