Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Elisa 0.3.5 local media not seen [SOLVED] by masking twisted
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Elisa 0.3.5 local media not seen [SOLVED] by masking twisted Reply with quote

I had been running elisa 0.3.4 from dang's overlay

http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/dang/browser/maintainer/

for a while after jumping through some hoops to get it running (mostly just manually emerging optional dependencies).
I was starting to like it's simple U.I. and support for LIRC when a couple of months ago, I unwisely did a general update of my system by running

Code:
emerge --sync


then

Code:
emerge -uDN world
.

All of a sudden, elisa could no longer see newer local media files and older media files showed up with no thumbnails though it could play the media files that did show up. I started sifting through log files, googleing for similar problems on the net and even searching through these forums for an answer.

I could only find 2 references to a similar problem but both had dodgey looking recommendations for fixes which required editing sources, were ubuntu specific and did nothing to fix my problem. I was convinced it was some dependency problem so I decided to pull out a spare machine and did a fresh install of gentoo after which i emerged the 0.3.4 ebuild from dang's overlay along with all it's dependencies and still could not get it to see local media files. To further confuse matters, copying my old .elisa configuration directory to the new machine, made the old media files show up again without thumbnails but still playable.

I checked dang's overlay for any updates but the last update at the time was 2 months old. I proceeded to rename the elisa ebuild in his overlay to the 0.3.5 version and also the 3 included plugins in the overlay and successfully re-emerged the whole bunch but I still had the same problem, with local files not showing up in the media browser. After having wasted a weekend on it, I decided to just go back to using vlc and forget about elisa until there was better support for it in gentoo.

I had a couple of days of leave last week so I decided to revisit this problem. I decided to retrace the emerge log on my system to check for the specific versions of the dependencies of my first elisa install and painstakingly remerged the older versions of each dependency until I got to the

Code:
dev-python/twisted


package. I found that the current versions 8.0.1 and 8.1.0 apparently broke something in elisa and that reverting to version 2.5 solved my problem. Incidentally, testing with twisted version 2.4, which is what i had installed when using elisa 0.3.4 did not seem to work with elisa 0.3.5.

I put

Code:
>dev-python/twisted-2.5.0


into my /etc/portage/package.mask file to keep portage from pulling it into my system and elisa has since survived 2 system updates.

So in the interest of helping out a fellow gentoo/elisa user on these forums (I assume there's at least one other :( ) I have posted this solution here.

Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't work for me :/

Code:

lappen@tux ~ $ elisa
WARN  MainThread      twisted                     Jun 14 17:20:41  A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:563)

Twisted traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/elisa", line 23, in <module>
    elisa_boot.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 135, in run
    reactor.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 175, in run
    self.__run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 216, in simulate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 561, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 7, in elisa_main
    from elisa.core.application import Application
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/application.py", line 49, in <module>
    from twisted.web import client
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py", line 19, in <module>
    from twisted.web import error
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/error.py", line 9, in <module>
    import resource
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/resource.py", line 15, in <module>
    class IResource(components.Interface):
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Interface'


Elisa 3.4 with twisted 3.4 had the same error as you, elisa launched but I couldn't see my files.
Elisa 3.4 and 3.5 with twisted 3.5 didn't launch with the above error
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: How do you install Elisa Media Center from dang's overlay? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am still greeeeen when it comes to Gentoo. I'm a Xubuntu Refugee. Um, would you be able to tell me how to install dang's "overlay" I read a doc on it and I don't want to do it wrong.

Lostishly Yours,
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you install Elisa Media Center from dang's overla Reply with quote

flacvest wrote:
Hi,

I am still greeeeen when it comes to Gentoo. I'm a Xubuntu Refugee. Um, would you be able to tell me how to install dang's "overlay" I read a doc on it and I don't want to do it wrong.

Lostishly Yours,


Read this it's the maintainer overlay you want for elisa.
http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/dang
Code:
svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/dev/dang/maintainer


Recommended reading.
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lappen wrote:
didn't work for me :/

Code:

lappen@tux ~ $ elisa
WARN  MainThread      twisted                     Jun 14 17:20:41  A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:563)

Twisted traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/elisa", line 23, in <module>
    elisa_boot.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 135, in run
    reactor.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 175, in run
    self.__run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 216, in simulate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 561, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 7, in elisa_main
    from elisa.core.application import Application
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/application.py", line 49, in <module>
    from twisted.web import client
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py", line 19, in <module>
    from twisted.web import error
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/error.py", line 9, in <module>
    import resource
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/resource.py", line 15, in <module>
    class IResource(components.Interface):
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Interface'


Elisa 3.4 with twisted 3.4 had the same error as you, elisa launched but I couldn't see my files.
Elisa 3.4 and 3.5 with twisted 3.5 didn't launch with the above error


The version of twisted that worked for me with media-video/elisa-0.3.5 is dev-python/twisted-2.5.0. With media-video/elisa-0.3.4, I was using dev-python/twisted-2.4.0.

Try emerging media-video/elisa-0.3.5, because that is what I have running at the moment and maybe media-video/elisa-0.3.4 is broken by something else.

All you have to do is go to your dang overlay base directory eg. /usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer then run the following

Code:
cp media-video/elisa/elisa-0.3.4.ebuild media-video/elisa/elisa-0.3.5.ebuild

Code:
ebuild media-video/elisa/elisa-0.3.5.ebuild digest


Code:
cp media-plugins/elisa-plugins-bad/elisa-plugins-bad-0.3.4.ebuild media-plugins/elisa-plugins-bad/elisa-plugins-bad-0.3.5.ebuild


Code:
ebuild media-plugins/elisa-plugins-bad/elisa-plugins-bad-0.3.5.ebuild digest


Code:
cp media-plugins/elisa-plugins-good/elisa-plugins-good-0.3.4.ebuild media-plugins/elisa-plugins-good/elisa-plugins-good-0.3.5.ebuild


Code:
ebuild media-plugins/elisa-plugins-good/elisa-plugins-good-0.3.5.ebuild digest


Code:
cp media-plugins/elisa-plugins-ugly/elisa-plugins-ugly-0.3.4.ebuild media-plugins/elisa-plugins-ugly/elisa-plugins-ugly-0.3.5.ebuild


Code:
ebuild media-plugins/elisa-plugins-ugly/elisa-plugins-ugly-0.3.5.ebuild digest


Then make sure the newer incompatible versions of twisted are not emerged by masking them

Code:
"echo >dev-python/twisted-2.5.0" >> /etc/portage/package.mask

if you haven't already done so.

Then re-emerge all dependencies

Code:
emerge  dev-python/pigment-python dev-python/beautifulsoup net-dns/avahi dev-python/pyxdg dev-python/twill dev-python/elementtree dev-python/celementtree dev-python/gdata media-libs/gstreamer media-libs/gst-plugins-bad dev-python/gst-python media-libs/gst-plugins-base  media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg  media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec  media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo dev-db/sqlite dev-python/pysqlite  sys-apps/dbus  dev-libs/dbus-glib  dev-python/dbus-python dev-python/PythonDaap  media-video/elisa media-libs/pigment


You will have to add keyworded packages to the "/etc/portage/package.keywords" file when portage complains about them while you are emerging the above so do

Code:
echo "$PACKAGE ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords"


if you're running on x86 or else

Code:
echo "$PACKAGE ~amd64" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords"


if you're on a 64bit system.

Then

Code:
emerge --resume


Hope this helps. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Thanks bobert! Sweet I will give it a shot! Reply with quote

Thanks:

for taking the time to answer my post, first off...

for being so carefully explicit with the necessary codes for the terminal...

and explaining what to do with the resume thingy. That would have killed me and made me tear out some hair!!! :D

I appreciate your efforts, and will let you know about my success and or failure at this attempt for sure.

You folks in the Gentoo Community make me happy to be a new member of it!

Best
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: layman -L did not list dang's overlay... docs confusing... Reply with quote

Hi could one of you kind souls type out the proper way to add dang's overlay via layman?

ex. # layman -a ????

the command:

# layman -L

does not list dang's overlay and I am now _stuck_.
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems i've missed a couple of deps though it still won't work. For starters I can't upgrade -base because it relies on another version of gstreamer .19 at the same time -ugly relies on .14 tried removing -ugly but ....?

Anyways elisa still won't start any USE flags I might have missed, check the url

Here is the error
http://rafb.net/p/dYWc9K32.html

Full emerge as you posted, note it's dev-python/python-daap not dev-python/PythonDaap
http://rafb.net/p/dYWc9K32.html
Code:

[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug% -test%" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.14  USE="X alsa -debug -esd -oss -xv" 0 kB
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug (-X%*) (-alsa%*) (-esd%) (-oss%) (-xv%)" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 0 kB
[blocks B     ] <media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6-r1 (is blocking media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: layman -L did not list dang's overlay... docs confusing. Reply with quote

flacvest wrote:
Hi could one of you kind souls type out the proper way to add dang's overlay via layman?.

Not sure, -o?, though I've never tried to add an overlay not in the list I just use my local overlay. Check the url for more info on howto use one.
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lappen

Quote:
Full emerge as you posted, note it's dev-python/python-daap not dev-python/PythonDaap


I use dev-python/PythonDaap in the dang overlay

Code:
 emerge -pv dev-python/PythonDaap

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/PythonDaap-0.4  14 kB [1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 14 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/dang


dev-python/python-daap resides in the regular portage tree while dev-python/PythonDaap is in the dang overlay tree so if you've properly installed the dang overlay, you'll be able to emerge dev-python/PythonDaap.


Code:
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug% -test%" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.14  USE="X alsa -debug -esd -oss -xv" 0 kB
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug (-X%*) (-alsa%*) (-esd%) (-oss%) (-xv%)" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 0 kB
[blocks B     ] <media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6-r1 (is blocking media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19)


Sorry it's been a couple of months since I've emerged them on a running system so I didn't recall there being blocked packages. My latest attempt was on a freshly built system so there were no outdated packages to block the new ones.


To resolve blocked packages, please try removing both the packages that are in the warning, which in your case are media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly and media-libs/gstreamer then re-emerge.

Code:
emerge -C media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-libs/gstreamer


then repeat

Code:
emerge  dev-python/pigment-python dev-python/beautifulsoup net-dns/avahi dev-python/pyxdg dev-python/twill dev-python/elementtree dev-python/celementtree dev-python/gdata media-libs/gstreamer media-libs/gst-plugins-bad dev-python/gst-python media-libs/gst-plugins-base  media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg  media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec  media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo dev-db/sqlite dev-python/pysqlite  sys-apps/dbus  dev-libs/dbus-glib  dev-python/dbus-python dev-python/PythonDaap  media-video/elisa media-libs/pigment


Hope this helps. If you still have problems try running elisa with debug set to set "3" from a console and save the output to a file.

Do the following from a bash prompt in a terminal

Code:
GST_DEBUG=3 elisa &>  elisa.log


and this will start elisa with verbose debug output and redirect it to the file elisa.log which you can use to troubleshoot your particular problem. Feel free to post it here so we can all collectively scratch our heads if nothing else :).

Quote:
Hi,

I am still greeeeen when it comes to Gentoo. I'm a Xubuntu Refugee. Um, would you be able to tell me how to install dang's "overlay" I read a doc on it and I don't want to do it wrong.

Lostishly Yours,


flacvest

I manually add the dang overlay to the portage tree because I do not update it automatically since I have made changes to the tree and any updates would overwrite those changes.

If you've already emerged layman and set it up following the mini-guide on this page

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml

then do the following

make sure you have emerged subversion by doing

Code:
emerge -pv subversion


if you see the following

Code:
[ebuild   R   ] dev-util/subversion-1.4.6  USE="bash-completion berkdb java nls perl python -apache2 -debug -doc -emacs -extras -nowebdav -ruby -svnserve -vim-syntax"


or similar output with the "[ebuild R ]" before the "dev-util/subversion" part then you have installed subversion and you can proceed to the next step

if you see a "[ebuild N ]" before "dev-util/subversion" with a bunch of line listing it's dependencies before it.


Code:
[ebuild  N    ] dev-libs/apr-1.2.11  USE="ipv6 -debug -doc -urandom" 1,088 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-libs/apr-util-1.2.10  USE="berkdb gdbm -doc -ldap -mysql -postgres -sqlite -sqlite3" 639 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-util/subversion-1.4.6  USE="berkdb nls perl python -apache2 -bash-completion -debug -doc -emacs -extras -java -nowebdav -ruby -svnserve -vim-syntax"



You need to emerge it like so:

Code:
emerge subversion


Once you have subversion installed.

Go to your layman directory which by default is /usr/portage/local/layman

Code:
cd /usr/portage/local/layman


run the following as root

Code:
svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/dev/dang/maintainer


this will pull down the dang overlay into "/usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer"

you then have to add the overlay to your "/usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf" file

by inserting it into the PORTDIR_OVERLAY="" line.

Code:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="
/usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio
/usr/portage/local/layman/berkano
/usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise
$PORTDIR_OVERLAY
/usr/portage/local/layman/custom
/usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer"


the above is just an example and your "/usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf" might be different depending on what overlays are already installed. Just make sure the $PORTDIR_OVERLAY string is somewhere in there and you'll be okay.

Now you can start emerging all the stuff you need from the dang overlay and if you run into masked packages,just refer to my previous couple of posts on how to unmask stuff.

Hope this helps you out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: WHAT a nice bunch! Thanks! Reply with quote

I think with these explicit instructions I'll get the darned overlay working. I do have one remaining Question: do I "emerge /media-video/elisa" or "ebuild ... =elisa-0.3.4 install"?? I think I'd like to go the emerge route as that's what's implied by your post. Please correct me if I do in fact need to do the ebuild install method.
Thank You
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT a nice bunch! Thanks! Reply with quote

flacvest wrote:
I think with these explicit instructions I'll get the darned overlay working. I do have one remaining Question: do I "emerge /media-video/elisa" or "ebuild ... =elisa-0.3.4 install"?? I think I'd like to go the emerge route as that's what's implied by your post. Please correct me if I do in fact need to do the ebuild install method.
Thank You

Use emerge, look at the above posts he helped me with.
Quote:
emerge dev-python/pigment-python dev-python/beautifulsoup net-dns/avahi dev-python/pyxdg dev-python/twill dev-python/elementtree dev-python/celementtree dev-python/gdata media-libs/gstreamer media-libs/gst-plugins-bad dev-python/gst-python media-libs/gst-plugins-base media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo dev-db/sqlite dev-python/pysqlite sys-apps/dbus dev-libs/dbus-glib dev-python/dbus-python dev-python/PythonDaap media-video/elisa media-libs/pigment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is darned odd, i've been at it the whole day now.

bobert wrote:
Lappen
To resolve blocked packages, please try removing both the packages that are in the warning, which in your case are media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly and media-libs/gstreamer then re-emerge.

Code:
emerge -C media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-libs/gstreamer


then repeat

Code:
emerge  dev-python/pigment-python dev-python/beautifulsoup net-dns/avahi dev-python/pyxdg dev-python/twill dev-python/elementtree dev-python/celementtree dev-python/gdata media-libs/gstreamer media-libs/gst-plugins-bad dev-python/gst-python media-libs/gst-plugins-base  media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg  media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec  media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo dev-db/sqlite dev-python/pysqlite  sys-apps/dbus  dev-libs/dbus-glib  dev-python/dbus-python dev-python/PythonDaap  media-video/elisa media-libs/pigment


Code:

#### emerge -vp media-libs/gst-plugins-base
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug -test" 0 kB <-#-#-#-#-#-# 0.10.19
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug (-X%*) (-alsa%*) (-esd%) (-oss%) (-xv%)" 0 kB
Total: 2 packages (1 upgrade, 1 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

#### emerge -vp media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.14  0 kB      <-#-#-#-#-#-# 0.10.14
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 0 kB
Total: 2 packages (2 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

#### emerge -vp  ##->'with everything above as you posted it, output stripped only included N, B, U'<-##
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug -test" 0 kBs-        <-## .19
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.14  0 kB                                            <-## .14
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug (-X%*) (-alsa%*) (-esd%) (-oss%) (-xv%)" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6  USE="-debug
[blocks B     ] <media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6-r1 (is blocking media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19)
Total: 43 packages (1 upgrade, 3 new, 39 reinstalls, 1 block), <-##
B
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: stuck on emerge dev-python/pigment-python Reply with quote

lappen:

I get this error when I follow your instructions:

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/pigment-python".

I copied and pasted your commands to the terminal on 2 seperate trys so it's not a typo.

I suppose I need to (?unmask?) "dev-python/pigment-python" or something from inside the overlay? Am I starting to catch on?

grr. Thanks for your help!

:oops:
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: stuck on emerge dev-python/pigment-python Reply with quote

flacvest wrote:
lappen:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/pigment-python".

I copied and pasted your commands to the terminal on 2 seperate trys so it's not a typo.

I suppose I need to (?unmask?) "dev-python/pigment-python" or something from inside the overlay?
:

The output will tell you if the package is masked or not, it just seems you didn't add the overlay to PORTDIR_OVERLAY. If you haven't added that read through what bobert wrote again. If it did tell you the package was masked you need to add it to /etc/portage/package.keywords 'dev-python/pigment-python ~x86'. Read what bobert wrote about to if you don't want to add each and everyone of the packages manually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

output from terminal:

whimsy dang-maint # emerge dev-python/pigment-python
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =dev-python/pyxfce-4.4.0 ~amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =sys-auth/pambase-20080318 ~amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =gnome-base/gnome-keyring-2.22.2 amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =sys-libs/pam-1.0.1 ~amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =gnome-base/gdm-2.20.6 ~amd64
!!! Invalid PORTDIR_OVERLAY (not a dir): '/usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer'
Calculating dependencies -
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/pigment-python".

I think I must have ?messed up my PORTDIR_OVERLAY? Sound about right?

I'm sure I'm missing something basic.

Please help if you can. Thanks :!:
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey flacvest

make sure you have this line in your /etc/make.conf

Code:
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf


if you don't, then add it to the /etc/make.conf file

I didn't mention this in my earlier post since I assumed that you had followed theoverlay guide which lists this as one of the configuration steps

next edit your /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf file

Code:
nano -w /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf


clear the file and copy the following into it

Code:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="
$PORTDIR_OVERLAY
/usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer"


word for word then save it and exit

Now try emerge command from my previous post and see if it works.


If you still see the same error, list your /usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer directory by doing this

Code:
ls /usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer


you should be seeing this

Code:
dev-python   media-libs     media-video  profiles    sys-process
gnome-extra  media-plugins  net-news     sys-kernel


if you don't that means your dang overlay was either not properly retrieved or you ran the svn command from the wrong directory.

repeat the svn command making sure you're in the /usr/portage/local/layman/ directory and try again.

Cheers :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flacvest wrote:
output from terminal:

whimsy dang-maint # emerge dev-python/pigment-python
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =dev-python/pyxfce-4.4.0 ~amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =sys-auth/pambase-20080318 ~amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =gnome-base/gnome-keyring-2.22.2 amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =sys-libs/pam-1.0.1 ~amd64
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.unmask: =gnome-base/gdm-2.20.6 ~amd64
!!! Invalid PORTDIR_OVERLAY (not a dir): '/usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer'
Calculating dependencies -
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/pigment-python".

I think I must have ?messed up my PORTDIR_OVERLAY? Sound about right?

I'm sure I'm missing something basic.

Please help if you can. Thanks :!:


The invalid atom errors mean that you should not have the "~amd64" string in your /etc/portage/package.unmask file because the ~amd64 and ~x86 keywords only belong in /etc/portage/package.mask

Edit your /etc/portage/package.unmask and change

Code:
=dev-python/pyxfce-4.4.0 ~amd64
=sys-auth/pambase-20080318 ~amd64
=gnome-base/gnome-keyring-2.22.2 amd64
=sys-libs/pam-1.0.1 ~amd64
=gnome-base/gdm-2.20.6 ~amd64


to

Code:
=dev-python/pyxfce-4.4.0
=sys-auth/pambase-20080318
=gnome-base/gnome-keyring-2.22.2
=sys-libs/pam-1.0.1
=gnome-base/gdm-2.20.6


to get rid of the invalid atom errors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flacvest
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 152
Location: San Jose, CA USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Invalid Package Atoms... and Overlay Success! Reply with quote

Hi bobert & lappen,

thanks for giving me the skinny on how to remove those pesky invalid package atoms. I really appreciate you guys helping me out with Elisa and the dang-maint overlay.

I'm happy to report I've restated the PORTAGE_OVERLAY" " Statement in my make.conf and am now able to emerge and (with the help of Porthole, unmask) the necessary packages/ebuilds and am working on building Elisa Media Center 0.3.5.

SWEET! Is all I have to say!

You Gentoo folks are The Best!
_________________
.:{flacvest}:.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Package Atoms... and Overlay Success! Reply with quote

flacvest wrote:
Hi bobert & lappen,

thanks for giving me the skinny on how to remove those pesky invalid package atoms. I really appreciate you guys helping me out with Elisa and the dang-maint overlay.

I'm happy to report I've restated the PORTAGE_OVERLAY" " Statement in my make.conf and am now able to emerge and (with the help of Porthole, unmask) the necessary packages/ebuilds and am working on building Elisa Media Center 0.3.5.

SWEET! Is all I have to say!

You Gentoo folks are The Best!


No problem flacvest, just remember to help out someone else on these forums if you can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lappen wrote:
I think this is darned odd, i've been at it the whole day now.

bobert wrote:
Lappen
To resolve blocked packages, please try removing both the packages that are in the warning, which in your case are media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly and media-libs/gstreamer then re-emerge.

Code:
emerge -C media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-libs/gstreamer


then repeat

Code:
emerge  dev-python/pigment-python dev-python/beautifulsoup net-dns/avahi dev-python/pyxdg dev-python/twill dev-python/elementtree dev-python/celementtree dev-python/gdata media-libs/gstreamer media-libs/gst-plugins-bad dev-python/gst-python media-libs/gst-plugins-base  media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg  media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec  media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo dev-db/sqlite dev-python/pysqlite  sys-apps/dbus  dev-libs/dbus-glib  dev-python/dbus-python dev-python/PythonDaap  media-video/elisa media-libs/pigment


Code:

#### emerge -vp media-libs/gst-plugins-base
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug -test" 0 kB <-#-#-#-#-#-# 0.10.19
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug (-X%*) (-alsa%*) (-esd%) (-oss%) (-xv%)" 0 kB
Total: 2 packages (1 upgrade, 1 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

#### emerge -vp media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.14  0 kB      <-#-#-#-#-#-# 0.10.14
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 0 kB
Total: 2 packages (2 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

#### emerge -vp  ##->'with everything above as you posted it, output stripped only included N, B, U'<-##
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug -test" 0 kBs-        <-## .19
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.14  0 kB                                            <-## .14
[ebuild     U ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19 [0.10.14] USE="nls%* -debug (-X%*) (-alsa%*) (-esd%) (-oss%) (-xv%)" 0 kB
[ebuild  N    ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6  USE="-debug
[blocks B     ] <media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6-r1 (is blocking media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19)
Total: 43 packages (1 upgrade, 3 new, 39 reinstalls, 1 block), <-##
B


Oops, sorry lappen, I missed this post earlier while replying to flacvest.

Try unmerging all gstreamer and gstreamer plugins like so

Code:
emerge -C media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-libs/gst-plugins-bad media-libs/gst-plugins-base media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo media-libs/gstreamer media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual


If the above command spits out an error complaining about no packages found, remove the offending package(s) from the command and try again.

Then make sure you have keyworded all gstreamer packages in your /etc/portage/package.keywords file like so

Code:
media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly ~x86
media-libs/gst-plugins-bad ~x86
media-libs/gst-plugins-base ~x86
media-libs/gst-plugins-good ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo ~x86
media-libs/gstreamer ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad ~x86
media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual ~x86


Modify your ~arch keywords appropriately, mine is ~x86.

Now re-emerge all gstreamer related packages.

Code:
emerge media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-libs/gst-plugins-bad media-libs/gst-plugins-base media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo media-libs/gstreamer media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual


Hopefully this will clear the blocked package.

Code:
Calculating dependencies ... done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug -test" 2,168 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug" 1,866 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-good-0.10.7  USE="-debug" 1,706 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.7  USE="-debug" 848 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 1,736 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa-0.10.17  1,806 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg-0.10.3  2,470 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo-0.10.17  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac-0.10.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux-0.10.15  281 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad-0.10.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual-0.10.17  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad-0.10.7  0 kB


These are all the versions of gstreamer related packages on my system. My media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly is at version 0.10.7 and your system seems to be trying to merge media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6 which is not compatible with the latest gstreamer it looks like.

The above commands if performed successfully will make sure there are no gstreamer related packages on your system to block the new ebuilds and keywording all the gstreamer ebuilds will ensure no stale/outdated ebuilds get pulled in to block a newer ebuild.

Hope this helps. Cheers! :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobert wrote:

The above commands if performed successfully will make sure there are no gstreamer related packages on your system to block the new ebuilds and keywording all the gstreamer ebuilds will ensure no stale/outdated ebuilds get pulled in to block a newer ebuild.
Hope this helps. Cheers! :D


As you said probably a newer masked version I forgot to unmask, I am installing all the packages right now hopefully elisa will start though I have my doubts. Will let you know how it turns out thank you.

brw don't forget to vote on the elisa (new package) bug on bugzilla :)
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=159086
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobert wrote:
Lappen
Code:
GST_DEBUG=3 elisa &>  elisa.log



Done and done still the same error :/
Code:

0:00:00.000228122 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:596:init_pre: Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.10.19
0:00:00.000486516 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:597:init_pre: Using library installed in /usr/lib
0:00:00.000520761 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:607:init_pre: Linux tux 2.6.24-gentoo-r8 #2 SMP Mon Jun 2 13:43:28 CEST 2008 i686
0:00:00.000653562 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gstquery.c:102:_gst_query_initialize: init queries
0:00:00.001459166 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gstmessage.c:72:_gst_message_initialize: init messages
0:00:00.001759712 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO    GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:260:_gst_plugin_initialize: registering 0 static plugins
0:00:00.002093119 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO    GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:245:gst_plugin_register_static: registered static plugin "staticelements"
0:00:00.002147160 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO    GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:247:gst_plugin_register_static: added static plugin "staticelements", result: 1
0:00:00.002206929 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:784:ensure_current_registry_forking: reading registry cache: /home/lappen/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.i686.xml
0:00:00.052261173 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO          GST_REGISTRY gstregistryxml.c:592:gst_registry_xml_read_cache: loaded /home/lappen/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.i686.xml in 0.049989 seconds
0:00:00.059017564 16010 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:721:scan_and_update_registry: Registry cache has not changed
0:00:00.060143970 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:432:gst_init_check: initialized GStreamer successfully
WARN  MainThread      twisted                     Jun 15 18:23:51  A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:563)

Twisted traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/elisa", line 23, in <module>
    elisa_boot.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 135, in run
    reactor.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 175, in run
    self.__run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 216, in simulate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 561, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 7, in elisa_main
    from elisa.core.application import Application
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/application.py", line 49, in <module>
    from twisted.web import client
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py", line 19, in <module>
    from twisted.web import error
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/error.py", line 9, in <module>
    import resource
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/resource.py", line 15, in <module>
    class IResource(components.Interface):
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Interface'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobert
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2002
Posts: 65
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lappen wrote:
bobert wrote:
Lappen
Code:
GST_DEBUG=3 elisa &>  elisa.log



Done and done still the same error :/
Code:

0:00:00.000228122 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:596:init_pre: Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.10.19
0:00:00.000486516 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:597:init_pre: Using library installed in /usr/lib
0:00:00.000520761 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:607:init_pre: Linux tux 2.6.24-gentoo-r8 #2 SMP Mon Jun 2 13:43:28 CEST 2008 i686
0:00:00.000653562 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gstquery.c:102:_gst_query_initialize: init queries
0:00:00.001459166 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gstmessage.c:72:_gst_message_initialize: init messages
0:00:00.001759712 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO    GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:260:_gst_plugin_initialize: registering 0 static plugins
0:00:00.002093119 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO    GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:245:gst_plugin_register_static: registered static plugin "staticelements"
0:00:00.002147160 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO    GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:247:gst_plugin_register_static: added static plugin "staticelements", result: 1
0:00:00.002206929 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:784:ensure_current_registry_forking: reading registry cache: /home/lappen/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.i686.xml
0:00:00.052261173 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO          GST_REGISTRY gstregistryxml.c:592:gst_registry_xml_read_cache: loaded /home/lappen/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.i686.xml in 0.049989 seconds
0:00:00.059017564 16010 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:721:scan_and_update_registry: Registry cache has not changed
0:00:00.060143970 16009 0x8122ec0 INFO              GST_INIT gst.c:432:gst_init_check: initialized GStreamer successfully
WARN  MainThread      twisted                     Jun 15 18:23:51  A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:563)

Twisted traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/elisa", line 23, in <module>
    elisa_boot.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 135, in run
    reactor.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 175, in run
    self.__run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 216, in simulate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 561, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/elisa_boot.py", line 7, in elisa_main
    from elisa.core.application import Application
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/application.py", line 49, in <module>
    from twisted.web import client
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py", line 19, in <module>
    from twisted.web import error
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/error.py", line 9, in <module>
    import resource
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/resource.py", line 15, in <module>
    class IResource(components.Interface):
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Interface'


1) Can you tell me if you are able to start elisa or not?

2) If you are able to start it without crashing, are you still having the same problem of not seeing local media files but are able to play online content like youtube, flickr and shoutcast streams?

3) Also very important is if you are able to see the "Folders" Icon alongside the "Internet" Icon when you browse the various media types in elisa.
If you can't see the "Folders" Icon at all it means you have not defined a media directory in your elisa.conf file so you should backup your .elisa directory and remove it before running elisa, then exit elisa and edit the elisa.conf file adding the media directory like so:

Code:
[xmlmenu:locations_builder]
locations = ['file:///home/lappen/video', 'file:///home/lappen/audio']
auto_locations = 1


The debug output looks like something is broken in either your version of elisa or twisted. Please do the following and post the output file here.

Code:

emerge -pv dev-python/pigment-python dev-python/beautifulsoup net-dns/avahi dev-python/pyxdg dev-python/twill dev-python/elementtree dev-python/celementtree dev-python/gdata media-libs/gstreamer media-libs/gst-plugins-bad dev-python/gst-python media-libs/gst-plugins-base  media-libs/gst-plugins-good media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg  media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec  media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo dev-db/sqlite dev-python/pysqlite  sys-apps/dbus  dev-libs/dbus-glib  dev-python/dbus-python dev-python/PythonDaap  media-video/elisa media-libs/pigment > mergeinfo.out


This will tell us what versions of elisa dependencies you have installed so we can compare it to mine which is listed below:

Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies  ...... done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug -test" 2,168 kB
[ebuild   R   ] sys-apps/dbus-1.2.1  USE="X -debug -doc (-selinux)" 1,374 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/pyxdg-0.15  36 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/elementtree-1.2.6-r2  41 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-db/sqlite-3.5.6  USE="threadsafe -debug -doc -soundex -tcl" 2,485 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/PythonDaap-0.4  14 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/beautifulsoup-3.0.4  26 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/twill-0.9_beta1  USE="-doc" 234 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/gdata-1.0.8  USE="-examples" 78 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19  USE="nls -debug" 1,866 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/dbus-glib-0.74  USE="-debug -doc (-selinux)" 640 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/celementtree-1.0.2  USE="-doc" 90 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/pysqlite-2.3.5  USE="-examples" 84 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/gst-python-0.10.9  438 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/dbus-python-0.82.4  USE="-test" 463 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 1,736 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-good-0.10.7  USE="-debug" 1,706 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.7  USE="-debug" 848 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg-0.10.3  2,470 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg-0.10.14  1,588 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora-0.10.14  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis-0.10.14  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa-0.10.17  1,806 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-dvdread-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac-0.10.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad-0.10.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac-0.10.6  1,540 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-fluendo-mpegdemux-0.10.15  281 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-gnomevfs-0.10.14  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg-0.10.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-lame-0.10.6  756 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-libpng-0.10.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-libvisual-0.10.17  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-mpeg2dec-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-xvideo-0.10.17  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/pigment-0.3.5  USE="-debug -doc" 1,007 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] net-dns/avahi-0.6.22-r1  USE="dbus gdbm gtk ipv6 python qt3 -autoipd -bookmarks -doc -howl-compat -mdnsresponder-compat -mono -qt4 -test" 1,172 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad-0.10.7  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/pigment-python-0.3.3  USE="-debug" 561 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/elisa-0.3.5  USE="daap doc dvd ipod lirc" 1,010 kB [1]

Total: 41 packages (41 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 26,505 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/dang/maintainer


Compare your output to mine to determine if there are any discrepancies in the package versions and if there are, try to adjust your portage.(un)mask/portage.keywords files to get the versions to match up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
59729
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobert wrote:

1) Can you tell me if you are able to start elisa or not?

It doesn't start, I can see the logo and the errormsg in my terminal. I have to press ctrl-c to close it as it doesn't crash just sits there. It never dumps anything in /tmp even if I enable that option at boot time.

Quote:

2) If you are able to start it without crashing, are you still having the same problem of not seeing local media files but are able to play online content like youtube, flickr and shoutcast streams?

El3.4, Tw3.4 above problem never tried online content.
El3.5, Tw3.5 top answer, doesn't work.
El3.5, Tw3.4 starts up until I see a black screen no menu but atleast it doesn't stall at the logo.


Quote:

3) Also very important is if you are able to see the "Folders" Icon alongside the "Internet" Icon when you browse the various media types in elisa.
If you can't see the "Folders" Icon at all it means you have not defined a media directory in your elisa.conf file so you should backup your .elisa directory and remove it before running elisa, then exit elisa and edit the elisa.conf file adding the media directory like so:

Not sure, can't rememer though I tried removing the elisa dir and it didn't work.

Code:

[xmlmenu:locations_builder]
locations = ['file:///home/lappen/video', 'file:///home/lappen/audio']
auto_locations = 1

Yup something similar
Code:

[xmlmenu:locations_builder]
locations = ['file:///home/lappen/Multimedia/Music/', 'file:////home/lappen/Multimedia/Images', 'file:////home/lappen/Multimedia/Video']
auto_locations = 0

[[file:////home/lappen/Multimedia/Music]]
label = 'Music'
only_media = ['audio']
location_type = 'local'

[[file:///home/lappen/Multimedia/Images]]
label = 'Images'
only_media = ['image']
location_type = 'local'

[[file:///home/lappen/Multimedia/Video]]
label = 'Video'
only_media = ['video']
location_type = 'local'



Quote:
This will tell us what versions of elisa dependencies you have installed so we can compare it to mine which is listed below:

Almost exactly as yours I had to upgrade sys-apps/dbus, dev-python/dbus-python and also emerge net-dns/avahi with the qt3 flag enabled. The only difference between yours and my output right now is media-video/elisa-0.3.5 USE="dvd lirc -daap -doc -ipod, maybe the next thing to try but have to get some sleep.

good night
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum