Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
~CONRAD~ Stage 3 on 87 "Drei/Tres/3" INSTALL DOC | REL: #4.1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StifflerStealth
l33t
l33t


Joined: 03 Jul 2002
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice guide. I had the issue where some perl add-ons were blocking perl, but I was able to solve them. I disabled berkdb completely since it's being removed from mysql anyways, so I removed it from everything. :P

Anyways, I agree with you about starting from stage 1. That's the only way that I install.

The way I installed it was using:
USE="-* nptl nptlonly" emerge system
Then rerunning that everything portage screwed up the merge order because it's dependency resolution just sucks.

Then once that is done, I have all the use flags I want and do a sync, then:
CONFIG_PROTECT="-*" emerge --with-bdeps y -uDN world
Everything pretty much compiles nicely. This is a fresh install so unprotecting all the config areas makes less update, especially updating baselayout 1.x to 2.x. Config protection isn't needed anyways. It's only needed for a running system when the config file will have been changed to the users needs.

Oh, I masked off glibc 2.8. I will use that when it's at beta or RC level.

Something I would love to see in this guide, an optional path for the bootstrap and system build: using paludis/pkgcore instead of portage. The dependency handling should be loads better with those. Portage just didn't get the order right at all. Portage is useless to install a new system.
_________________
Nothing to read in this sig. Move along.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys i'm working on the new guide still.

I'm done writing it now, still need to upload the overlay/configs though.

I've been so busy with work lately and kernel development it has made it difficult.

But i am making some nice improvements to it, it will be ready very soon.

*EDIT*
Oh, and btw i've been playing with reiser4 and lzo compression, the mkfs.reiser4 command will get substituted by mkfs.reiser4 -o create=ccreg40,compress=lzo1,compressMode=conv /dev/sdax in the next guide.

LZO compression is AMAZING on reiser4, just a rough restimate, if you have 30gb of data, it will compress it down to about 12gb, without ANY performance loss. It's absolutely amazing.
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dusanc
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 248
Location: Serbia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
...
*EDIT*
Oh, and btw i've been playing with reiser4 and lzo compression, the mkfs.reiser4 command will get substituted by mkfs.reiser4 -o create=ccreg40,compress=lzo1,compressMode=conv /dev/sdax in the next guide.

LZO compression is AMAZING on reiser4, just a rough restimate, if you have 30gb of data, it will compress it down to about 12gb, without ANY performance loss. It's absolutely amazing.

Some pointers:
In cryptocompress reiser4 compressMode=conv is the default profile so it doesn't have to be explicitly specified.
Oh and like every compression scheme, it doesn't work on incompressable data, so if you have a plain multimedia partition (like mp3's and divx) it gives you nothing.
I got from 6GB(ext3) to 3.1GB(reiser4+cc) for my / excluding /home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusanc wrote:
Some pointers:
In cryptocompress reiser4 compressMode=conv is the default profile so it doesn't have to be explicitly specified.

I thought it was compressMode=col8, but i'm living in the stone age so thanks for that.

Quote:
Oh and like every compression scheme, it doesn't work on incompressable data, so if you have a plain multimedia partition (like mp3's and divx) it gives you nothing.
I got from 6GB(ext3) to 3.1GB(reiser4+cc) for my / excluding /home


yeah, the way the guide explains it is using it for /
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zyko
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 620
Location: Munich, Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LZO compression is AMAZING on reiser4, just a rough restimate, if you have 30gb of data, it will compress it down to about 12gb, without ANY performance loss. It's absolutely amazing.


yeah, reiser4 is awesome! I subjectively notice a little decrease in loading times/application startup because of lzo compression. If the data on the hard drive is only half the volume compared to its uncompressed state, it can be read faster. Since the hard drive is the biggest bottleneck these days, and modern CPUs can decompress nearly instantly, this should in theory speed things up.

I believe that reiser4 with lzo would be a huge performance boost in combination with solit state disks, which have extremely low latencies, but then transfer rather slowly.

Does someone here on the forums maybe have a solid state disk and wants to test this hypothesis?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strowi
l33t
l33t


Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 655
Location: Bonn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

wouldn't it be easier to use sth. like this in step 6.1?
Code:

mkdir /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage/package.{keywords,unmask,mask,use} -p

_________________
--
Linux & such ...
http://blog.hasnoname.de
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case nobody realized, R3 is up of the guide.

Will fix/add some more stuff.

I just tried oss 4.1 today and i must say i was thoroughly impressed, it has better driver support than alsa, is much cleaner than alsa (code-wise), the mixer is 1000x better than alsamixer (alsamixer is a joke versus ossxmix), and the sound quality has immensely improved on my SB (emu10k1).

It's really easy to setup too, just disable also in kernel, and make sound card support a module <M>, then emerge oss-devel (will be in conrad overlay), add it to runlevel and that's it. (also USE="oss" for applications)

Those who think of oss of the crappy kernel oss are totally mistaken, the old kernel os (3.8 afaik) has ancient drivers, doesnt play more than 1 sound at once, and it has no mixer.

Anyway, i gave it a shot and i'm very pleased, it's great. It has more drivers than alsa, and they are even newer than alsa drivers.
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitesouls
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 358
Location: In Front of My Laptop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Great!! How abt the upgrade guide for the users whom installed previously?

Thanks..
_________________
whitesouls

Please insert the [SOLVED] tag if your problem is solved in your respective thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesouls wrote:
:D Great!! How abt the upgrade guide for the users whom installed previously?

Thanks..


Working on it ;)
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitesouls
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 358
Location: In Front of My Laptop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
whitesouls wrote:
:D Great!! How abt the upgrade guide for the users whom installed previously?

Thanks..


Working on it ;)


Great..Thank you..
_________________
whitesouls

Please insert the [SOLVED] tag if your problem is solved in your respective thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitesouls
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 358
Location: In Front of My Laptop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are implementing the usage of oss, does this mean that I can safely remove my alsa stuffs like

Code:
media-libs/alsa-lib
media-sound/alsa-headers
media-sound/alsa-tools
media-sound/alsa-utils

_________________
whitesouls

Please insert the [SOLVED] tag if your problem is solved in your respective thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesouls wrote:
Since you are implementing the usage of oss, does this mean that I can safely remove my alsa stuffs like

Code:
media-libs/alsa-lib
media-sound/alsa-headers
media-sound/alsa-tools
media-sound/alsa-utils


Yes, but you can keep the stuff until you test oss, i'm not against alsa i just like the use of oss4 better now.
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitesouls
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 358
Location: In Front of My Laptop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you ppl now..

I was not able to compile oss4 onto zen-sources 2.6.26 and mailed them for support. I was given this link to patch the kernel and build it after I've emerged oss4

Code:
http://4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9605#9605

_________________
whitesouls

Please insert the [SOLVED] tag if your problem is solved in your respective thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
Just in case nobody realized, R3 is up of the guide.

Will fix/add some more stuff.

I just tried oss 4.1 today and i must say i was thoroughly impressed, it has better driver support than alsa, is much cleaner than alsa (code-wise), the mixer is 1000x better than alsamixer (alsamixer is a joke versus ossxmix), and the sound quality has immensely improved on my SB (emu10k1).

It's really easy to setup too, just disable also in kernel, and make sound card support a module <M>, then emerge oss-devel (will be in conrad overlay), add it to runlevel and that's it. (also USE="oss" for applications)

Those who think of oss of the crappy kernel oss are totally mistaken, the old kernel os (3.8 afaik) has ancient drivers, doesnt play more than 1 sound at once, and it has no mixer.

Anyway, i gave it a shot and i'm very pleased, it's great. It has more drivers than alsa, and they are even newer than alsa drivers.


which overlay has oss? the oss in gimpel overlay is old old old.
thanks.
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CooSee
Guru
Guru


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 461
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranquilcool wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
Just in case nobody realized, R3 is up of the guide.

Will fix/add some more stuff.

I just tried oss 4.1 today and i must say i was thoroughly impressed, it has better driver support than alsa, is much cleaner than alsa (code-wise), the mixer is 1000x better than alsamixer (alsamixer is a joke versus ossxmix), and the sound quality has immensely improved on my SB (emu10k1).

It's really easy to setup too, just disable also in kernel, and make sound card support a module <M>, then emerge oss-devel (will be in conrad overlay), add it to runlevel and that's it. (also USE="oss" for applications)

Those who think of oss of the crappy kernel oss are totally mistaken, the old kernel os (3.8 afaik) has ancient drivers, doesnt play more than 1 sound at once, and it has no mixer.

Anyway, i gave it a shot and i'm very pleased, it's great. It has more drivers than alsa, and they are even newer than alsa drivers.


which overlay has oss? the oss in gimpel overlay is old old old.
thanks.


http://gentoo-wiki.com/Howto_OSS4

CooSee ' Ya
_________________
beQuiet! Silent Base 800 Black - MSI C236A - Xeon E3-1245v5 - 32GB RAM Kingston - Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX590 8G - Samsung PM961 M.2 128GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Creative Sound Blaster RX PCIe - Logitech Z623 2.1 - G110 Keyboard - Mouse G400
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
tranquilcool wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
Just in case nobody realized, R3 is up of the guide.

Will fix/add some more stuff.

I just tried oss 4.1 today and i must say i was thoroughly impressed, it has better driver support than alsa, is much cleaner than alsa (code-wise), the mixer is 1000x better than alsamixer (alsamixer is a joke versus ossxmix), and the sound quality has immensely improved on my SB (emu10k1).

It's really easy to setup too, just disable also in kernel, and make sound card support a module <M>, then emerge oss-devel (will be in conrad overlay), add it to runlevel and that's it. (also USE="oss" for applications)

Those who think of oss of the crappy kernel oss are totally mistaken, the old kernel os (3.8 afaik) has ancient drivers, doesnt play more than 1 sound at once, and it has no mixer.

Anyway, i gave it a shot and i'm very pleased, it's great. It has more drivers than alsa, and they are even newer than alsa drivers.


which overlay has oss? the oss in gimpel overlay is old old old.
thanks.


http://gentoo-wiki.com/Howto_OSS4

CooSee ' Ya


thanks! i got it working with 2.6.25 but it doesn't work with 2.6.26 es zen-sources.
says something about unknown symbol in module o unknown parameter.

is ther any workaround for 2.6.26?
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CooSee
Guru
Guru


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 461
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please look here :!:

http://4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2772

CooSee ' Ya
_________________
beQuiet! Silent Base 800 Black - MSI C236A - Xeon E3-1245v5 - 32GB RAM Kingston - Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX590 8G - Samsung PM961 M.2 128GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Creative Sound Blaster RX PCIe - Logitech Z623 2.1 - G110 Keyboard - Mouse G400
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
please look here :!:

http://4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2772

CooSee ' Ya


latest oss-devel is already patched.

i got it to work.
i had to unset CONFIG_MODVERSIONS in kernel configuration.
i must say am quite satisfied with oss-devel.
sound quality is exceptional.
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the.ant
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to follow your guide, but the conrad-bootstrap.sh died while compiling gcc.

Code:
gcc -c   -O2 -mtune=prescott -pipe -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-
prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribut
e -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros
    -Wno-overlength-strings    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-de
vel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/gcc-4.3.1/gcc -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/wo
rk/gcc-4.3.1/gcc/. -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/gcc-4.3.1/gcc/
../include -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/gcc-4.3.1/gcc/../libcp
p/include  -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/gcc-4.3.1/gcc/../libde
cnumber -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/gcc-4.3.1/gcc/../libdecnu
mber/bid -I../libdecnumber    cc1-checksum.c -o cc1-checksum.o
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-overlength-strings"
make[2]: *** [cc1-checksum.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/build/g
cc'
make[1]: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/build'
make: *** [install] Error 2
 *
 * ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_install
 *             environment, line 4571:  Called toolchain_src_install
 *             environment, line 5086:  Called gcc-compiler_src_install
 *             environment, line 2373:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       S=${WORKDIR}/build make DESTDIR="${D}" install || die;
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if rele
vant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/t
emp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3
.1-r1/temp/environment'.
 *

 * Messages for package sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1:

 *
 * ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_install
 *             environment, line 4571:  Called toolchain_src_install
 *             environment, line 5086:  Called gcc-compiler_src_install
 *             environment, line 2373:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       S=${WORKDIR}/build make DESTDIR="${D}" install || die;
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if rele
vant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/t
emp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3
.1-r1/temp/environment'.
 *
Usage: gcc-config [options] [CC Profile]
Change the current cc/gcc profile, or give info about profiles.


The script then continues but fails because there is no compiler available, it is looking for i686-pc-linux while gcc-config returns only one profile (which is not active): i486-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.2

I am assuming that it is a problem similar to this one: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-670988-highlight-unrecognized+wnooverlengthstrings.html

Did anyone else run into similar problems? Should I fix it by editing the bootstrap-script or should I download a different stage to begin with? There are i686-stage1 files available at funtoo, then I would not have to start with i486 and change the chost.
I tried that earlier but ran into other problems, so I decided to stick to this guide as close as possible.

Also, some minor comments, which would make copy-pasting easier:

Point 5.1:
I used the 2008.0 release, the beta is not available anymore.

6.1:
shouldn't it be like this?
Code:
mkdir [b]/mnt/gentoo[/b]/usr/local/portage

and
Code:
tar jxvf portage.[b]tar.[/b]bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo/usr/local/portage


same for the config file.

for locale gen, it's deleted with the bootstrapping process, maybe it would be an option to modify the script so that it makes a backup of the file.
Can't comment on the rest of the guide, cause I did not get further than 8.8 yet (currently third attempt).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i've been extremely busy with work and stuff around the house i haven't been online really in the past couple days, and actually the upgrade is coming soon, i just havent been around to do it.

Anyway, I need to test this myself and i'll fix the error, i'll begin to setup the environment and get to it ;)
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparantly what we have to do is now gcc-4.1.2 is screwed up (which is 2008.0 tarball/funtoo tarball default now), anyway, we have to build gcc 4.2.2 first, not 4.2.3/4, i tried and they both failed.

Anyway, the problem with that is that gcc 4.2.2 is no longer in portage, i digged up the patches for 4.2.2 and what not, and i'm building it now prior to a bootstrap test, which should fix the problem (a rather annoying workaround)

There's a patch for 4.1.2 available, if we could get it in portage and the new funtoo tarballs would include a gcc-4.1.2-r1 or something with the patch we'd be in good shape.

(also i could disable the -Wno-overlength* and make a simple overlay for gcc 4.2.4 with the patch before we bootstrap)
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brix
n00b
n00b


Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 2
Location: EU, Denmark, Lyngby

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently following the conrad guide using the official 2008.0 stage1.

Using amd64 chost one will have to emerge glibc before running the bootstrap script or it will fail.

Also do an "emerge system" before installing layman/git or their dependencies might fail to build.

I did have a few circular dependencies but they were easy to fix.

About to build the kernel now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the -Wno-overlength-strings should occur no matter what, on either arch (x86 or x86_64)

Anyway, i devised a patch to remove the warning flag (-Wno-overlength-strings), i'm still testing to make sure everything works as i haven't bootstrapped, i just did USE="-* build" emerge =sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4, the dilemma is that i think the patch will work on gcc 4.3.1, and i think what we would do is:
1) Get the conrad overlay (as already explained)
2) have a separate /usr/local/portage/gcc directory
3) and what we'd do is USE="-* build" emerge =sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r9, then we should change profiles, and remove the old gcc
4) remove the special gcc overlay
5) run bootstrap

Anyways, i'm still ironing it out right now (my own tests), for x86

Once i confirm it works on x86, i would then make proper adjustments to fix the guide (the _real_ fix we need is for gentoo to make gcc 4.2* or 4.3* stable, or to apply the wno-overlength-strings patch on gcc 4.1.2 so the few bootstrappers can actually upgrade the toolkit during the bootstrap (but they won't)

The steps above may get switched, revised, etc. it all depends on my testing, if you look at the guide now you'll see it now uses funtoo tarballs and some other things, any way it's not usable ATM, for whatever reason 2008.0 killed us.

Anyway, the upgrade to gcc 4.3.1 _before_ the boostrap is a pretty significant change which will bump it to REL3.1, it will allow us to use -march=native in make.conf.
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the guide is good to go now!

We are now using funtoo tarballs, and we do gcc 4.3.1 before bootstrap with the overlay i uploaded ;)

Now Fixed:
(during bootstrap)
Code:
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-overlength-strings"
make[2]: *** [cc1-checksum.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/build/g
cc'
make[1]: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.1-r1/work/build'
make: *** [install] Error 2


Next step is an upgrade guide, which is coming tomorrow as it is too late for me to do right now :)
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the.ant
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will give it a try right away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum