Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Official thread: "zen-sources" - Part V
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ericxx2005
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 231
Location: 10 square miles surrounded by reality

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mbar wrote:
Is there a problem with zen-sources overlay? I can't make it work using layman.


I had to run:
Code:

layman -d zen-overlay


then:

Code:
layman -a zen-overlay


I would imagine that the overlay URL changed.
_________________
AMD 1090T | 2 GB | AMD 890GX | Gentoo x86_64
Core i7-920 | 6 GB | AMD 5850 | Windows 7 Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantoo wrote:
im not really sure if with 2.6.27-rc3-zen1 i also had that problem, but noticed some minutes ago while i skimmed over my output of dmesg(2.7.27-rc4-zen1) that im getting a segfault by alsa.
excactly while alsa tries to restore the mixer-settings
Quote:
alsactl -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state restore 0

is the command that causes that segfault.

as i dont know if its related to zen directly i thougt to post it here.
Quote:
alsactl[3854]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf9bfec0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3883]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfe984f0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3884]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf95afb0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3885]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfdabc00 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3943]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf845690 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
the above is the dmesg output after trying some ohter values for the card, each resulting in a segfault


Are you running alsa-lib 1.0.17a (required, rc3 and later, in zen-overlay) Along with all other git updates for userland programs to match the in-kernel alsa (1.0.18_rc1)
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mantoo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 98
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
mantoo wrote:
im not really sure if with 2.6.27-rc3-zen1 i also had that problem, but noticed some minutes ago while i skimmed over my output of dmesg(2.7.27-rc4-zen1) that im getting a segfault by alsa.
excactly while alsa tries to restore the mixer-settings
Quote:
alsactl -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state restore 0

is the command that causes that segfault.

as i dont know if its related to zen directly i thougt to post it here.
Quote:
alsactl[3854]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf9bfec0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3883]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfe984f0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3884]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf95afb0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3885]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfdabc00 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3943]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf845690 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
the above is the dmesg output after trying some ohter values for the card, each resulting in a segfault


Are you running alsa-lib 1.0.17a (required, rc3 and later, in zen-overlay) Along with all other git updates for userland programs to match the in-kernel alsa (1.0.18_rc1)


Code:
 Installed versions:  1.0.17-r5[1](09:56:08 19.08.2008)

this is my alsa-lib from zen-overlay. do i need additional patches? im on latest 2.6.27-rc4-zen1

kernel alsa seems to be 0.18rc2 as my alsamixer says
Code:
AlsaMixer v1.0.18rc2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6108
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The fastboot option will cause the kernel to try to optimize

for faster boot.
This includes doing some of the device initialization asynchronously
as well as opportunistically trying to mount the root fs early.


great stuff :D

thanks for merging!

linux is improving in big steps every week :twisted:
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantoo wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
mantoo wrote:
im not really sure if with 2.6.27-rc3-zen1 i also had that problem, but noticed some minutes ago while i skimmed over my output of dmesg(2.7.27-rc4-zen1) that im getting a segfault by alsa.
excactly while alsa tries to restore the mixer-settings
Quote:
alsactl -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state restore 0

is the command that causes that segfault.

as i dont know if its related to zen directly i thougt to post it here.
Quote:
alsactl[3854]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf9bfec0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3883]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfe984f0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3884]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf95afb0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3885]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfdabc00 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3943]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf845690 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
the above is the dmesg output after trying some ohter values for the card, each resulting in a segfault


Are you running alsa-lib 1.0.17a (required, rc3 and later, in zen-overlay) Along with all other git updates for userland programs to match the in-kernel alsa (1.0.18_rc1)


Code:
 Installed versions:  1.0.17-r5[1](09:56:08 19.08.2008)

this is my alsa-lib from zen-overlay. do i need additional patches? im on latest 2.6.27-rc4-zen1

kernel alsa seems to be 0.18rc2 as my alsamixer says
Code:
AlsaMixer v1.0.18rc2


same thing here. alsa seems pretty mixed up.
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantoo wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
mantoo wrote:
im not really sure if with 2.6.27-rc3-zen1 i also had that problem, but noticed some minutes ago while i skimmed over my output of dmesg(2.7.27-rc4-zen1) that im getting a segfault by alsa.
excactly while alsa tries to restore the mixer-settings
Quote:
alsactl -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state restore 0

is the command that causes that segfault.

as i dont know if its related to zen directly i thougt to post it here.
Quote:
alsactl[3854]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf9bfec0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3883]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfe984f0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3884]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf95afb0 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3885]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bfdabc00 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
alsactl[3943]: segfault at 0 ip 0804c5f5 sp bf845690 error 4 in alsactl[8048000+16000]
the above is the dmesg output after trying some ohter values for the card, each resulting in a segfault


Are you running alsa-lib 1.0.17a (required, rc3 and later, in zen-overlay) Along with all other git updates for userland programs to match the in-kernel alsa (1.0.18_rc1)


Code:
 Installed versions:  1.0.17-r5[1](09:56:08 19.08.2008)

this is my alsa-lib from zen-overlay. do i need additional patches? im on latest 2.6.27-rc4-zen1

kernel alsa seems to be 0.18rc2 as my alsamixer says
Code:
AlsaMixer v1.0.18rc2


same thing here. alsa seems pretty mixed up.
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 2720
Location: Munich, Bavaria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
# cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18rc1
# amixer -v
amixer version 1.0.18rc2


Looks OK. For alsa-lib there is no rc, only alsa-headers could be bumped.
Here it works OK.


Rest of the kernel (master) seems to be fine too :)
_________________
http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki - pro-audio software overlay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpel wrote:
Code:
# cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18rc1
# amixer -v
amixer version 1.0.18rc2


Looks OK. For alsa-lib there is no rc, only alsa-headers could be bumped.
Here it works OK.


Rest of the kernel (master) seems to be fine too :)


seg faults if i use alsa-utils-1.0.17-r7
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diskmaster
n00b
n00b


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranquilcool wrote:
gimpel wrote:
Code:
# cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18rc1
# amixer -v
amixer version 1.0.18rc2


Looks OK. For alsa-lib there is no rc, only alsa-headers could be bumped.
Here it works OK.


Rest of the kernel (master) seems to be fine too :)


seg faults if i use alsa-utils-1.0.17-r7


The problem seems to be a conflict with the old initscript vs the new init function in alsactl introduced in the rc versions. I'm reverting alsa-utils to the portage version (if you have compile problems with IEC, lemme know.) for now.

Edit: "Fixed" in zen-overlay, as far as the offending ebuild is disabled for now.
_________________
Linux polished-diamond 3.0.9-00003-g3c676b1 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Something witty goes here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6108
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for pulling, cheater :)

Quote:
x86: export pv_lock_ops non-GPL
<==
this should solve the problem for you guys with PARAVIRT & nvidia-drivers

just try latest zen-sources & it should work :idea: :)
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mbar
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 1981
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericxx2005 wrote:
Quote:
mbar wrote:
Is there a problem with zen-sources overlay? I can't make it work using layman.


I had to run:
Code:

layman -d zen-overlay


then:

Code:
layman -a zen-overlay


I would imagine that the overlay URL changed.


yeah, but now I can see that zen-sources-2.6.26-r21 is missing in action.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hoacker
Guru
Guru


Joined: 04 Aug 2007
Posts: 498
Location: Bürstadt, Germany

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest git does not compile if
Code:

<*>   Zen-Tune Sysfs Interface
< >   Enable the use of Zen System Layouts

Compiles fine if BOTH switched on or off...

Error message:
Code:
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
zen/built-in.o: In function `layouts_store':
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `available_layouts'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x353): undefined reference to `system_layout'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x35b): undefined reference to `zen_set_system_layout'
zen/built-in.o: In function `layouts_show':
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x37e): undefined reference to `available_layouts'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x3bb): undefined reference to `system_layout'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Fehler 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoacker wrote:
Latest git does not compile if
Code:

<*>   Zen-Tune Sysfs Interface
< >   Enable the use of Zen System Layouts

Compiles fine if BOTH switched on or off...

Error message:
Code:
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
zen/built-in.o: In function `layouts_store':
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `available_layouts'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x353): undefined reference to `system_layout'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x35b): undefined reference to `zen_set_system_layout'
zen/built-in.o: In function `layouts_show':
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x37e): undefined reference to `available_layouts'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x3bb): undefined reference to `system_layout'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Fehler 1


Don't worry about it for now
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
hoacker wrote:
Latest git does not compile if
Code:

<*>   Zen-Tune Sysfs Interface
< >   Enable the use of Zen System Layouts

Compiles fine if BOTH switched on or off...

Error message:
Code:
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
zen/built-in.o: In function `layouts_store':
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `available_layouts'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x353): undefined reference to `system_layout'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x35b): undefined reference to `zen_set_system_layout'
zen/built-in.o: In function `layouts_show':
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x37e): undefined reference to `available_layouts'
sysfs_system_layout.c:(.text+0x3bb): undefined reference to `system_layout'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Fehler 1


Don't worry about it for now

should be fixed now
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yulo99
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 17
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: no network card Reply with quote

hi,

just tried zen-sources (git). problem: no ethernet card, no network interface, my config (thinkpad t60):
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller

cheers
yulo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strayer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 75
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I just switched from zenmm to normal zen and my eyes catched the custom cflags stuff.

Crazy as I am I just copied my make.conf in the kernel config.
Code:
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed"


It boots and everything seems to work - but I'm a little bit uneasy about this ;)

Will this change actually be worth it or will I just brick my hardware? :?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6108
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strayer wrote:
So, I just switched from zenmm to normal zen and my eyes catched the custom cflags stuff.

Crazy as I am I just copied my make.conf in the kernel config.
Code:
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed"


It boots and everything seems to work - but I'm a little bit uneasy about this ;)

Will this change actually be worth it or will I just brick my hardware? :?


those settings are pretty safe & conservative,

these are my testing-flags:

Code:
CONFIG_CUSTOM_CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fsched-spec-load -fno-strict-overflow -fearly-inlining --param max-gcse-passes=20 -ftree-loop-im -ftree-loop-ivcanon -fmodulo-sched -freschedule-modulo-scheduled-loops -mno-align-stringops -falign-functions=0 -falign-jumps=0 -falign-labels=0 -falign-loops=0 -mno-push-args -fno-defer-pop -fmove-loop-invariants -fgcse-las -fgcse-sm -ftree-vectorize -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-ident -freorder-blocks-and-partition -fpeel-loops -fvariable-expansion-in-unroller -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fgcse-lm -fivopts -fgcse-after-reload -finline-functions -minline-all-stringops -funroll-all-loops -combine -fwhole-program -fipa-struct-reorg -fipa-type-escape -fstack-protector -fstack-protector-all -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2"
:lol: (that way I'll find out pretty fast if the compiler has problems or the kernel ;) )
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diskmaster
n00b
n00b


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.6.27-rc4-zen1 and 2.6.26-zen2.1 are both in the overlay now, and all the older versions have been cleaned out.

Also, alsa-utils-1.0.18_rc2 is broken. This is no suprise.
_________________
Linux polished-diamond 3.0.9-00003-g3c676b1 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Something witty goes here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cobra78
n00b
n00b


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 21
Location: Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo, i have a little question:

hotfix, like 2.6.26-zen2-hotfix1, must be applied on top of a vanilla kernel, or on top of a kernel already patched with 2.6.26-zen2?

Thanx
_________________
Dell Inspiron 1720 Ice White Windows 7 Professional/Archlinux x86_64 - 2.6.35.x
Msi Wind U100 Windows Xp/Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diskmaster
n00b
n00b


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobra78 wrote:
Hallo, i have a little question:

hotfix, like 2.6.26-zen2-hotfix1, must be applied on top of a vanilla kernel, or on top of a kernel already patched with 2.6.26-zen2?

Thanx


It's applied over 2.6.26-zen2. (If you use the ebuild, it handles it for you.)
_________________
Linux polished-diamond 3.0.9-00003-g3c676b1 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Something witty goes here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cobra78
n00b
n00b


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 21
Location: Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diskmaster wrote:
Cobra78 wrote:
Hallo, i have a little question:

hotfix, like 2.6.26-zen2-hotfix1, must be applied on top of a vanilla kernel, or on top of a kernel already patched with 2.6.26-zen2?

Thanx


It's applied over 2.6.26-zen2. (If you use the ebuild, it handles it for you.)


I don't use Gentoo but Ubuntu, so i need to download and patch kernel manually :)
_________________
Dell Inspiron 1720 Ice White Windows 7 Professional/Archlinux x86_64 - 2.6.35.x
Msi Wind U100 Windows Xp/Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diskmaster
n00b
n00b


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobra78 wrote:
Diskmaster wrote:
Cobra78 wrote:
Hallo, i have a little question:

hotfix, like 2.6.26-zen2-hotfix1, must be applied on top of a vanilla kernel, or on top of a kernel already patched with 2.6.26-zen2?

Thanx


It's applied over 2.6.26-zen2. (If you use the ebuild, it handles it for you.)


I don't use Gentoo but Ubuntu, so i need to download and patch kernel manually :)


Ah, apologies, then. >_<
_________________
Linux polished-diamond 3.0.9-00003-g3c676b1 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Something witty goes here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Non_E
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 160
Location: Czech Republic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am unable to make xconfig. It shows
Code:
  HOSTCXX scripts/kconfig/qconf.o
scripts/kconfig/qconf.cc: In member function ‘void ConfigMainWindow::showIntro()’:
scripts/kconfig/qconf.cc:1644: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’
scripts/kconfig/qconf.cc:1644: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘int sprintf(char*, const char*, ...)’
scripts/kconfig/qconf.cc:1645: error: expected `;' before ‘)’ token
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/qconf.o] Error 1
make: *** [xconfig] Error 2


I am using the latest master (78e2dd61236abaa12cf4ea32c38325b44c01afa4).
_________________
Only Sith deals in absolutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1160

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody has this error during boot?

cannot open /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/flush


cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/flush
says;

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/flush: Permission denied
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 1137
Location: Sofia/Bulgaria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i press the power button my pc does not shut down and in dmesg i`m getting this:

Quote:
[ 1251.926848] ACPI Error (evevent-0303): No installed handler for fixed event [00000000] [20080321]
[ 1251.963844] ACPI Error (evevent-0303): No installed handler for fixed event [00000002] [20080321]
[ 1252.039867] ACPI Error (evevent-0303): No installed handler for fixed event [00000002] [20080321]


uname -a

Quote:
felis ~ # uname -a
Linux felis 2.6.26-zen2.1 #4 SMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 26 10:29:23 EEST 2008 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux


.config http://pastebin.com/f328a47ef

I recompiled acpid with no result :?
_________________
"Dear Enemy: may the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment."
"Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum