Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
mumble 1.1.6
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gentunian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 118
Location: Río Cuarto, Argentina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: mumble 1.1.6 Reply with quote

Is there a chance to get the mumble-1.1.6 ebuild please?

thanks
_________________
Si un pueblo tiene hambre, no le des un pez. Enséñale a pescar.
http://labombiya.com.ar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gef
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 180
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You should have a look here : https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206792
_________________
Laptop : Gentoo ~amd64
(remote) Server : Gentoo amd64
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentunian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 118
Location: Río Cuarto, Argentina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gef wrote:
Hi,

You should have a look here : https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206792


Yep, i already look there and indeed the version i'm using is from those ebuild (1.1.4). I didnt find the 1.1.6 there.

Thanks anyway
_________________
Si un pueblo tiene hambre, no le des un pez. Enséñale a pescar.
http://labombiya.com.ar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ocin
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 500

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also in devnull overlay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hvengel
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This went into the tree Oct. 22 and is currently keyword masked.

I tried the new ebuild and it builds and installs mumble but the resulting build does not work. It hangs and also interferes with mouse input so it effectively hangs X11. The mouse cursor moves but mouse clicks no longer work. Since the keyboard is still working I can control-delete-backspace to restart X. The old 1.1 ebuild that was in portage worked reasonably well although it had font formating problems (the fonts were extremely small and hard to read). I would like to get this working. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentunian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 118
Location: Río Cuarto, Argentina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hvengel wrote:
This went into the tree Oct. 22 and is currently keyword masked.

I tried the new ebuild and it builds and installs mumble but the resulting build does not work. It hangs and also interferes with mouse input so it effectively hangs X11. The mouse cursor moves but mouse clicks no longer work. Since the keyboard is still working I can control-delete-backspace to restart X. The old 1.1 ebuild that was in portage worked reasonably well although it had font formating problems (the fonts were extremely small and hard to read). I would like to get this working. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it?


Hi, i tried installing to see the results. Here is the output of my emerge:

Code:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=media-sound/mumble-1.1.6" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- media-sound/mumble-1.1.6 (masked by: EAPI 2)

The current version of portage supports EAPI '1'. You must upgrade to a
newer version of portage before EAPI masked packages can be installed.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.


1.1.4 works fine for me, so, i'll not going to upgrade portage just for installing this package.

Regards!
_________________
Si un pueblo tiene hambre, no le des un pez. Enséñale a pescar.
http://labombiya.com.ar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ocin
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 500

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentunian wrote:
hvengel wrote:
This went into the tree Oct. 22 and is currently keyword masked.

I tried the new ebuild and it builds and installs mumble but the resulting build does not work. It hangs and also interferes with mouse input so it effectively hangs X11. The mouse cursor moves but mouse clicks no longer work. Since the keyboard is still working I can control-delete-backspace to restart X. The old 1.1 ebuild that was in portage worked reasonably well although it had font formating problems (the fonts were extremely small and hard to read). I would like to get this working. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it?


Hi, i tried installing to see the results. Here is the output of my emerge:

Code:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=media-sound/mumble-1.1.6" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- media-sound/mumble-1.1.6 (masked by: EAPI 2)

The current version of portage supports EAPI '1'. You must upgrade to a
newer version of portage before EAPI masked packages can be installed.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.


1.1.4 works fine for me, so, i'll not going to upgrade portage just for installing this package.

Regards!


To fix an EAPI mask, ugrade to the latest portage version (~arch)

1.1.6 is in portage now btw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hvengel
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mumble-1.1.6 has problems with xorg-server 1.5.x related to xevie. I opened a bug about it and as a result the devs are working on a new mumble-1.1.6_r1 ebuild that will remove xevie as a dependency. The basic issue is that xevie is so out of date that it is not compatible with the latest xorg versions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentunian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 118
Location: Río Cuarto, Argentina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hvengel wrote:
mumble-1.1.6 has problems with xorg-server 1.5.x related to xevie. I opened a bug about it and as a result the devs are working on a new mumble-1.1.6_r1 ebuild that will remove xevie as a dependency. The basic issue is that xevie is so out of date that it is not compatible with the latest xorg versions.


I updated the portage and installed the 1.1.6 version...for 10 minutes only, then i reinstalled 1.1.4. Reason: Configuring the mic sensitivity in raw mode was imposible to set as in 1.1.4 (wtf? yes, as you read I don't know why). My 1.1.4 version was "almost" perfect set for send data as soon as I speak. I also do not know why 1.1.6 don't keep the configuration. Using "signal to noise" don't work good for me on both of them, i made "echo", but raw mode works exellent in 1.1.4. So i masked the 1.1.6.

Xevie related: All mumble version turn down my fps drastically (urban terror).

Regards,
_________________
Si un pueblo tiene hambre, no le des un pez. Enséñale a pescar.
http://labombiya.com.ar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hvengel
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my machine mic input is OK and using s/n for triggering VOX work fine. I don't know about fps rates as I have not used mumble with any gaming software yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum