Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[zen-sources] 2.6.30-zen1 "Summertime Tropic Eclipse"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ebrsc
n00b
n00b


Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
ebrsc wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
ebrsc wrote:
Thanks for the release.

Anyone getting random disconnections with iwl3945? dmesg is silent about this, everything is reported as expected in iwconfig, ifconfig. I'm a bit clueless with this one. FWIW, I got the same issue with latest -mm, latest git from Linus' tree and with -next. However, 2.6.30-zen0 wireless was and is still fine on my machine.

TIA


yep I get it also, its a bug in vanilla 2.6.30 which is why I tried pulling in wireless-testing and the issue still exists, chrome seems to trigger it a lot, so does svn and git, if I use konky I hardly get disconnected


Thanks for your reply. FTR, this seems to be solved now. I used to get disconnected at the very first seconds I used sshfs but it's working as expected since sometimes this last week-end.


oh its definately not fixed, you guys need to use some apps that really hammer the interface

That's strange, I get disconnected very quickly using -zen1. Current master (and some pulls before that) are really stable wireless-wise with the same kind of load.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebrsc wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
ebrsc wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
ebrsc wrote:
Thanks for the release.

Anyone getting random disconnections with iwl3945? dmesg is silent about this, everything is reported as expected in iwconfig, ifconfig. I'm a bit clueless with this one. FWIW, I got the same issue with latest -mm, latest git from Linus' tree and with -next. However, 2.6.30-zen0 wireless was and is still fine on my machine.

TIA


yep I get it also, its a bug in vanilla 2.6.30 which is why I tried pulling in wireless-testing and the issue still exists, chrome seems to trigger it a lot, so does svn and git, if I use konky I hardly get disconnected


Thanks for your reply. FTR, this seems to be solved now. I used to get disconnected at the very first seconds I used sshfs but it's working as expected since sometimes this last week-end.


oh its definately not fixed, you guys need to use some apps that really hammer the interface

That's strange, I get disconnected very quickly using -zen1. Current master (and some pulls before that) are really stable wireless-wise with the same kind of load.


yes this bug is very weird cause if you search in LKML people have had shit on and off since .28 but but I didnt get it till .30-zen1, i will keep looking for fixes in the mean time
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DigitalCorpus
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigitalCorpus wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
DigitalCorpus wrote:
I just dumped over to 2.6.30-zen1 last night. Only problem I'm having is iftop is pegging 1 core of my Q6700 at ~98% with kernel CPU time. Don't know why it's misbehaving. Any suggestions?


what process is doing that?

iftop

it is a python based network tool to monitor active connections.

Aside from this I have no complaints. System has been up for 24 hours. Let's see if I can go two weeks without a crash. Need to do some transcoding to test it too.


Found the problem after looking around a bit and posted a bug report:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=275257
_________________
Atlas (HDTV PVR, HTTP & Media server)
http://atlas.selfip.net/Info/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just pulled in some updates for drm radeon and intel
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ebrsc
n00b
n00b


Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
$ git pull
zen-sources.org[0: 134.155.50.250]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

:cry:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rion
Guru
Guru


Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 376
Location: Ekaterinburg, Russia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebrsc wrote:
Code:
$ git pull
zen-sources.org[0: 134.155.50.250]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

:cry:
same here
_________________
~amd64
rion-overlay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6108
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rion wrote:
ebrsc wrote:
Code:
$ git pull
zen-sources.org[0: 134.155.50.250]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

:cry:
same here


++

the THE-overlay also doesn't work ...
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
Rion wrote:
ebrsc wrote:
Code:
$ git pull
zen-sources.org[0: 134.155.50.250]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

:cry:
same here


++

the THE-overlay also doesn't work ...


should be working now, and fyi, 31-rc1-zen1 is almost ready :D
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an unresponsive system immediately after I boot with the latest git code. Is this to be expected?

(I only get one line printed that goes something like "Linux bzImage" and then I have to hard reset...)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GD wrote:
I get an unresponsive system immediately after I boot with the latest git code. Is this to be expected?

(I only get one line printed that goes something like "Linux bzImage" and then I have to hard reset...)


what IO scheduler are you using?
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GD wrote:
CFQ


hmm odd, no this shouldnt happen, now if u said BFQ then I could understand that...

... so u have anything in your kernel cmdline ops like quiet/silent or loglevel=0 if so remove them and see if u can get any more info about your hang/crash/hardlock
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
GD wrote:
CFQ


hmm odd, no this shouldnt happen, now if u said BFQ then I could understand that...

... so u have anything in your kernel cmdline ops like quiet/silent or loglevel=0 if so remove them and see if u can get any more info about your hang/crash/hardlock


Nope... just:
/boot/grub/grub.conf wrote:
menuentry "Gentoo Linux KMS" {
set root=(hd0,2)
linux /kernel-2.6.31-rc1-zen root=/dev/sda7
}


the message I get is [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x3600, size=0x2155c0]

i used make oldconfig on the previous config file which worked ok.. the only change i did which I wasn't sure about was setting CONFIG_DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR to the recommended value of 65536 (it was 4k in the parentheses).

i also enabled x86 PAT but i don't think this is a problem cause the old kernel worked OK both with and without it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved... I suppose it was due to the SLQB allocator although I made some other minor changes.

Yeah, I thought, hey that allocator's name comprises only of consonants! Let's choose this one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GD wrote:
Solved... I suppose it was due to the SLQB allocator although I made some other minor changes.

Yeah, I thought, hey that allocator's name comprises only of consonants! Let's choose this one!


im using slqb... i doubt slqb was the issue
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AaronPPC
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 522
Location: Tucson, AZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It seems zen does not contain the lirc stuff. It this true?

I'm not complaining or requesting, just confirming. I'm trying to use zen on my Mythtv box.
_________________
--Aaron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AaronPPC wrote:
Hi,

It seems zen does not contain the lirc stuff. It this true?

I'm not complaining or requesting, just confirming. I'm trying to use zen on my Mythtv box.


it will soon :D
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
AaronPPC wrote:
Hi,

It seems zen does not contain the lirc stuff. It this true?

I'm not complaining or requesting, just confirming. I'm trying to use zen on my Mythtv box.


it will soon :D


is there any kernel on each that includes LIRC, what is wrong with just using the lirc ebuild?
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darklegion
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Nov 2004
Posts: 468

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has already been merged, but 2.6.30-zen3 (and also 2.6.31-rc1 I assume) requires a patch for the nvidia drivers, if agpgart or i2c is enabled.Here's a link to the discussion with patch:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=134779
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1159

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC drivers/video/logo/logo.o
LD drivers/video/logo/built-in.o
LOGO drivers/video/logo/logo_thenilspecial_clut224.c
Image has more than 224 colors
Use ppmquant(1) to reduce the number of colors
make[3]: *** [drivers/video/logo/logo_thenilspecial_clut224.c] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/video/logo] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/video] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2


errors from latest git pull.
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranquilcool wrote:
CC drivers/video/logo/logo.o
LD drivers/video/logo/built-in.o
LOGO drivers/video/logo/logo_thenilspecial_clut224.c
Image has more than 224 colors
Use ppmquant(1) to reduce the number of colors
make[3]: *** [drivers/video/logo/logo_thenilspecial_clut224.c] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/video/logo] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/video] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2


errors from latest git pull.


didnt mean to push that yet ;)
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DigitalCorpus
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two weeks stable and no issues. I'm happy as a clam!
_________________
Atlas (HDTV PVR, HTTP & Media server)
http://atlas.selfip.net/Info/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mbar
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 1979
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware:

Code:
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at fs/ext4/inode.c:1777!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#1]
last sysfs file: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:05.0/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda/size

Pid: 1918, comm: uTorrent.exe Not tainted (2.6.30-zen1 #2) RPS
EIP: 0060:[<c10f8148>] EFLAGS: 00210297 CPU: 0
EIP is at ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x2b8/0x2d0
EAX: 00000009 EBX: f78f6600 ECX: 00000154 EDX: f77783e0
ESI: f7778454 EDI: 00000008 EBP: dd5bcfc0 ESP: f34b3c68
 DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 0000 GS: 003b SS: 0068
Process uTorrent.exe (pid: 1918, ti=f34b2000 task=f731ca20 task.ti=f34b2000)
Stack:
 00000001 dd5bcfc0 00000000 00000000 00001000 00000000 ffff0000 c108a5f5
 f78f6200 c175f400 c175f400 f77783e0 00000000 00001000 00000000 00000000
 00001000 c108bf44 00000001 f34b3ce8 fffff000 00000000 c175f400 f7778454
Call Trace:
 [<c108a5f5>] ? alloc_page_buffers+0x65/0xd0
 [<c108bf44>] ? __block_prepare_write+0x1c4/0x3d0
 [<c1045e1c>] ? add_to_page_cache_lru+0x6c/0x80
 [<c108c2d5>] ? block_write_begin+0x45/0xe0
 [<c10f7e90>] ? ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x0/0x2d0
 [<c10f60dc>] ? ext4_da_write_begin+0x17c/0x290
 [<c10f7e90>] ? ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x0/0x2d0
 [<c104698f>] ? generic_file_buffered_write+0xff/0x300
 [<c1047018>] ? __generic_file_aio_write_nolock+0x238/0x510
 [<c1250684>] ? tcp_rcv_established+0x724/0xa00
 [<c1047da4>] ? generic_file_aio_write+0x64/0xe0
 [<c10f1221>] ? ext4_file_write+0x51/0x190
 [<c106b92d>] ? do_sync_write+0xcd/0x110
 [<c1032030>] ? autoremove_wake_function+0x0/0x50
 [<c106b860>] ? do_sync_write+0x0/0x110
 [<c106c488>] ? vfs_write+0xa8/0x160
 [<c102938a>] ? recalc_sigpending+0xa/0x20
 [<c106c611>] ? sys_write+0x41/0x80
 [<c1002c88>] ? sysenter_do_call+0x12/0x26
Code: 00 80 4d 00 20 8b 82 9c 00 00 00 89 45 18 8b 4c 24 18 89 4d 0c 8b 42 0c 89 45 10 80 4d 00 40 8d 45 01 80 4d 01 02 e9 c5 fd ff ff <0f> 0b eb fe 0f 0b eb fe 0f 0b eb fe 8d b6 00 00 00 00 8d bf 00
EIP: [<c10f8148>] ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x2b8/0x2d0 SS:ESP 0068:f34b3c68
---[ end trace 6135c2ebf13a6e4b ]---


Code:
Portage 2.1.6.13 (default/linux/x86/2008.0, gcc-4.3.3, glibc-2.10.1-r0, 2.6.30-zen1 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.30-zen1-i686-Intel-R-_Celeron-R-_CPU_220_@_1.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.0.1
Timestamp of tree: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:30:20 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.0_p24
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r13, 2.5.2-r7, 2.6.2-r1
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.4.3-r3
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.0
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.63-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2, 1.11
sys-devel/binutils:  2.19.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.6a
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.29
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /var/bind"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/"
LANG="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_ALL="pl_PL.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="pl en"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/zen-overlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acpi bzip2 cleartype cli cracklib crypt dbus dri git glibc-omitfp gpm gtk hal iconv isdnlog midi mmx mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl pppd python readline reflection server session spl sse sse2 ssl subversion svg sysfs truetype unicode x86 xorg zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="pl en" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="sis vesa"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbar wrote:
Beware:

Code:
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at fs/ext4/inode.c:1777!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#1]
last sysfs file: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:05.0/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda/size

Pid: 1918, comm: uTorrent.exe Not tainted (2.6.30-zen1 #2) RPS
EIP: 0060:[<c10f8148>] EFLAGS: 00210297 CPU: 0
EIP is at ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x2b8/0x2d0
EAX: 00000009 EBX: f78f6600 ECX: 00000154 EDX: f77783e0
ESI: f7778454 EDI: 00000008 EBP: dd5bcfc0 ESP: f34b3c68
 DS: 007b ES: 007b FS: 0000 GS: 003b SS: 0068
Process uTorrent.exe (pid: 1918, ti=f34b2000 task=f731ca20 task.ti=f34b2000)
Stack:
 00000001 dd5bcfc0 00000000 00000000 00001000 00000000 ffff0000 c108a5f5
 f78f6200 c175f400 c175f400 f77783e0 00000000 00001000 00000000 00000000
 00001000 c108bf44 00000001 f34b3ce8 fffff000 00000000 c175f400 f7778454
Call Trace:
 [<c108a5f5>] ? alloc_page_buffers+0x65/0xd0
 [<c108bf44>] ? __block_prepare_write+0x1c4/0x3d0
 [<c1045e1c>] ? add_to_page_cache_lru+0x6c/0x80
 [<c108c2d5>] ? block_write_begin+0x45/0xe0
 [<c10f7e90>] ? ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x0/0x2d0
 [<c10f60dc>] ? ext4_da_write_begin+0x17c/0x290
 [<c10f7e90>] ? ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x0/0x2d0
 [<c104698f>] ? generic_file_buffered_write+0xff/0x300
 [<c1047018>] ? __generic_file_aio_write_nolock+0x238/0x510
 [<c1250684>] ? tcp_rcv_established+0x724/0xa00
 [<c1047da4>] ? generic_file_aio_write+0x64/0xe0
 [<c10f1221>] ? ext4_file_write+0x51/0x190
 [<c106b92d>] ? do_sync_write+0xcd/0x110
 [<c1032030>] ? autoremove_wake_function+0x0/0x50
 [<c106b860>] ? do_sync_write+0x0/0x110
 [<c106c488>] ? vfs_write+0xa8/0x160
 [<c102938a>] ? recalc_sigpending+0xa/0x20
 [<c106c611>] ? sys_write+0x41/0x80
 [<c1002c88>] ? sysenter_do_call+0x12/0x26
Code: 00 80 4d 00 20 8b 82 9c 00 00 00 89 45 18 8b 4c 24 18 89 4d 0c 8b 42 0c 89 45 10 80 4d 00 40 8d 45 01 80 4d 01 02 e9 c5 fd ff ff <0f> 0b eb fe 0f 0b eb fe 0f 0b eb fe 8d b6 00 00 00 00 8d bf 00
EIP: [<c10f8148>] ext4_da_get_block_prep+0x2b8/0x2d0 SS:ESP 0068:f34b3c68
---[ end trace 6135c2ebf13a6e4b ]---


Code:
Portage 2.1.6.13 (default/linux/x86/2008.0, gcc-4.3.3, glibc-2.10.1-r0, 2.6.30-zen1 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.30-zen1-i686-Intel-R-_Celeron-R-_CPU_220_@_1.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.0.1
Timestamp of tree: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:30:20 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.0_p24
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r13, 2.5.2-r7, 2.6.2-r1
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.4.3-r3
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.0
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.63-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2, 1.11
sys-devel/binutils:  2.19.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.6a
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.29
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /var/bind"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/"
LANG="pl_PL.utf8"
LC_ALL="pl_PL.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="pl en"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/zen-overlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acpi bzip2 cleartype cli cracklib crypt dbus dri git glibc-omitfp gpm gtk hal iconv isdnlog midi mmx mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl pppd python readline reflection server session spl sse sse2 ssl subversion svg sysfs truetype unicode x86 xorg zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="pl en" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="sis vesa"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS


yup, thats what u get with ext4, thats why i am still afraid of it... i never got a kernel ooops with btrfs
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pappy_mcfae
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 5997
Location: Pomona, California.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, my non Intel GPU equipped machines love it! I have them all zen-tuned to the max, and they're just humming along loving every minute of it.

This one has fits over it sometimes. It's something that happens with all .30 kernel versions and this machine. :( It's a good thing this machine likes 2.6.29-zen2, or I'd be bummin' it!

Blessed be!
Pappy
_________________
This space left intentionally blank, except for these ASCII symbols.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum