Tux's lil' helper
Joined: 13 Mar 2005
|Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:15 am Post subject: New nvidia-driver 195.30 with kde improvement. Ebuild inside
|Yesterday, Nvidia has released its new driver 195.30.
It contains various kde improvements
* Fixed a performance regression with non-antialiased text in KDE4.
* Enabled GPU acceleration for many RENDER compositing operations that were previously processed in software, including conjoint and disjoint blending modes and component alpha blending.
* Added experimental GPU acceleration of the RENDER CompositeTrapezoids operation. This can be enabled at runtime by running:
nvidia-settings -a AccelerateTrapezoids=1
This is only supported on the GeForce GTX series or newer products.
* Fixed a bug in the VDPAU overlay-based presentation queue that caused high CPU usage during "put bits" operations when more than two surfaces were queued.
* Updated `nvidia-settings --query all` to report all available attributes queryable through all NV-CONTROL target types.
An ebuild for this is here: