Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Google Chrome 64 bit and flash?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sts
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 97

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

Does google chrome 64 bit come with 32 bit flash built in?

Also, is there ever going to be PDF support in chromium or is that only in official chrome builds?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 1777
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

sts wrote:
Does google chrome 64 bit come with 32 bit flash built in?


I'm not sure. I think the 32-bit version does, but the 64-bit version is non-trivial, especially now that support for 64-bit flash has been discontinued.

sts wrote:
Also, is there ever going to be PDF support in chromium or is that only in official chrome builds?


Difficult to say. For now chromium does not have built-in PDF viewer.
_________________
http://phajdan-jr.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomme
n00b
n00b


Joined: 29 Apr 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

phajdan.jr wrote:
Difficult to say. For now chromium does not have built-in PDF viewer.


Chrome has a built in PDF viewer plugin. Is there any way to enable this for Chromium?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 1777
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

nomme wrote:
Chrome has a built in PDF viewer plugin. Is there any way to enable this for Chromium?


No, it is a proprietary plugin. It's not possible at least at this moment.
_________________
http://phajdan-jr.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6108
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

phajdan.jr wrote:
sts wrote:
Does google chrome 64 bit come with 32 bit flash built in?


I'm not sure. I think the 32-bit version does, but the 64-bit version is non-trivial, especially now that support for 64-bit flash has been discontinued.

sts wrote:
Also, is there ever going to be PDF support in chromium or is that only in official chrome builds?


Difficult to say. For now chromium does not have built-in PDF viewer.


an update to that statement:

Adobe now offers 64bit 10.2 beta (?) builds for flash codenamed "square"
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 5735

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

phajdan.jr wrote:
nomme wrote:
Chrome has a built in PDF viewer plugin. Is there any way to enable this for Chromium?


No, it is a proprietary plugin. It's not possible at least at this moment.

Would mozplugger work for that instead?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 1777
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome 64 bit and flash? Reply with quote

Ant_P wrote:
Would mozplugger work for that instead?


I think it's unrelated. The PDF plugin is only available for Google Chrome and not Chromium.
_________________
http://phajdan-jr.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum