Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Somebody know where is Gloobus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
phantomelr
n00b
n00b


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Somebody know where is Gloobus Reply with quote

Hi all.

I want to install Gloobus preview in my gentoo, but i couldn't find it in the portage and don't know if exist in some overlay. Somebody know about this?

Thanks in advance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1805
Location: Here and Away Again

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know anything about it really, but I did find a request for it at bugzilla:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/324981
_________________
Kind Regards,
~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ahenobarbi
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 345
Location: Warsaw, PL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check in sunrise overlay (another bug where John says that he got it uploaded to sunrise).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1805
Location: Here and Away Again

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahenobarbi wrote:
Check in sunrise overlay (another bug where John says that he got it uploaded to sunrise).

I saw that too, but was unsure if these things are one and the same. :S
_________________
Kind Regards,
~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phantomelr
n00b
n00b


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers.

Chiitoo wrote:
Ahenobarbi wrote:
Check in sunrise overlay (another bug where John says that he got it uploaded to sunrise).

I saw that too, but was unsure if these things are one and the same. :S


No, they're not. This bug refers to a toolkit to do Grid Computing (BTW it sounds very interesting). I want to preview files just like in a mac.

I have the sunrise overlay, but it's not there.
Anybody knows another program to do this and that exist in gentoo?
I don't know much about how to work with ebuilds to add Gloobus to an overlay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 10301
Location: Somewhere over Atlanta, Georgia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Unsupported Software. Gloobus isn't in Portage so this topic fits here better.

- John
_________________
I can confirm that I have received between 0 and 499 National Security Letters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 7201
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomelr wrote:

Anybody knows another program to do this and that exist in gentoo?

Gentoo is Linux. Installing stuff by hand works, precompiled binaries work, traditional building from source works.
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phantomelr
n00b
n00b


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
phantomelr wrote:

Anybody knows another program to do this and that exist in gentoo?

Gentoo is Linux. Installing stuff by hand works, precompiled binaries work, traditional building from source works.


That's true, but i was looking this way because of the updates and the uninstall process. I think i'll build it from source.
By the way, anyone know how to uninstall when installed from source?

Thanks for all your suggestions!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaK_TaLeS
n00b
n00b


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomelr wrote:
Jaglover wrote:
phantomelr wrote:

Anybody knows another program to do this and that exist in gentoo?

Gentoo is Linux. Installing stuff by hand works, precompiled binaries work, traditional building from source works.


That's true, but i was looking this way because of the updates and the uninstall process. I think i'll build it from source.
By the way, anyone know how to uninstall when installed from source?

Thanks for all your suggestions!!


I've writed the ebuild and in the next few day (i hope) it'll be on sunrise overlay :wink:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phantomelr
n00b
n00b


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DaK_TaLeS. I'll be checking the overlay because i tried to compile but it didn't work due to dependencies :?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum