Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Gnome 3.0 - BETA (2.91.0)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Loko123
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Gnome 3.0 - BETA (2.91.0) Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I would like to ask you, if it is possible to find some voluntary users, which are going to test the gnome 2.91.0 ebuilds from the gnome overlay and report the bugs upstream like "hard working" honey bees :-D. Everybody knows, that the gentoo gnome team has a lack of manpower, and I appreciate the work, they do. Thanks to the gnome-devs for providing the gnome beta & live ebuilds! :)

I hope, that this thread will become sticky and again, thanks for the voluntary users/testers & the gnome gentoo devs :) & last but not least the gnome team (http://www.gnome.org) :)

Best wishes,

Loko 123
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I read they were still changing a lot. As in, lots of old code going away and new code coming in. I'm referring mainly to the GNOME Shell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moonboots
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Last I read they were still changing a lot. As in, lots of old code going away and new code coming in. I'm referring mainly to the GNOME Shell.


Exactly, there is still a lot of work to do, cf http://bheekly.blogspot.com/2011/03/gnome-3-on-gentoo-and-related-news.html.
Hopefully we can retain our "Gnome-light" version in some form.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Genewb
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonboots wrote:
[...]
Hopefully we can retain our "Gnome-light" version in some form.

Quite. So. Many. Dependencies. 8O
_________________
I don't give a darn about "experience", just functional copyleft software.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Loko123
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonboots wrote:
wswartzendruber wrote:
Last I read they were still changing a lot. As in, lots of old code going away and new code coming in. I'm referring mainly to the GNOME Shell.


Exactly, there is still a lot of work to do, cf http://bheekly.blogspot.com/2011/03/gnome-3-on-gentoo-and-related-news.html.
Hopefully we can retain our "Gnome-light" version in some form.


Thanks for the link / blog. I didn't know, that someone got the idea before, but it's good to see, that gentoo has a large community & some gnome fans. :) So... I have no crystal ball, but I hope, that the release of Gnome 3.0 will work like a charm. (Except that some programs needs to be ported to gtk3, I think this should take about 6 month).

Best wishes,
Loko 123
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum