Joined: 16 Apr 2002
|Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:43 am Post subject: mhvtl - A Linux Virtual Tape Library
There is a bug (w/ebuild), but no official or sunrise version (that I noticed).
Works with a few tweaks. From bugs:
- Rename ebuild from mhvtl-2010-11-11 to mhvtl-2010-11-29 (the current mhvtl version as I write this).
- Rename the patches from 18 to 19: 0.18-etc.patch, 0.18-mhvtl.patch, 0.18-slab.patch
- mhvtl.init.d (no version).
- The patches & mhvtl.init.d go into a local portage repository: /usr/local/portage/sys-block/mhvtl/files/
- The ebuild creates the user vtl with the "next available" uid & gid. It also creates the user with the default shell. A shell seems to be required for the init.d script to work, so change it from /sbin/nologin if that is your system default.
The ebuild does not have reference to 0.18-make_vtl_media.patch. I tried with version at 19, and it failed.
I haven't done anything with it yet, but the ebuild works and init.d/mhvtl starts (seemingly with proper results). Neither have I tested the bacula patches. Haven't decided which backup solution to go with. Will update when I move on to that.
The media sells it and you live the role.